Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck are you doing?" Frank cried, the devastated expression on his face causing a literally flare of pain to explode in my chest. "Is this what happens when I'm not around you? You let guys feel you up?!" Frank screamed, shoving me back against the locker door with more force than I had been expecting, my head hitting the cold metal with a painful bang.

"No, Frank listen," I tried to explain, holding up my hands in a peaceful gesture, but Frank was furious now, the earlier hurt replaced by anger, and he was in no mood to hear me talk.

"No! No, I understand now. Sex, it's all you think about. It's all you fucking know! You can't wait until I'm ready. It's all about you, it's all about what you want. Fuck you!" Frank's voice cracked at the end, the hurt underneath his spiteful tone breaking me apart into a million pieces as I tried to interject, but as soon as Frank was finished yelling, he spun on his heel and stormed away, leaving me shell shocked and broken as I watched the boy I loved turn his back on me.

I wanted to chase after him, I wanted to tell Frank what had really happened, but he was furious right now, and I didn't blame him. From his point of view, that had look bad - really fucking bad, and I didn't blame him for his reaction, I just hated the fact that, for once, I hadn't done anything wrong, but Frank had assumed that I had because of my fucking reputation.

Frank always said my past didn't matter to him, and I thought he meant it, but actions spoke louder than words, and Frank obviously wasn't as comfortable with what I had done before I met him as he said. Frank had every right to be angry, but he needed to hear my side, he needed to understand that I would never cheat on him, and that this had all been one huge misunderstanding.

Just when I had finally found the strength to move, my path was blocked by none other than Jonathan. "So...you probably don't have a boyfriend now, want to take me up on that offer?" Jonathan asked, causing my eyebrows to climb into my hairline with disbelief.

"Are - are you fucking kidding me?" I chuckled wryly, my voice that had failed me earlier finally retuning now that Jonathan was no longer touching me. "I don't want you, I never did, and I never will, and if I ever see you again, I won't hesitate to beat the shit out of you," I growled, my hands bawling into fists as I advanced on Jonathan menacingly. I wasn't usually a violent person, but Jonathan had just ripped the foundations of my world out from under me, and I was filled with a fury unlike any I had ever felt before.

"Okay - fuck, calm down, I'll just go find someone else, you aren't even that good looking," Jonathan spat, but his insult rolled off me like water on oil. I didn't give a shit what this asshole thought of me, all I cared about was Frank's opinion.

"Good," I huffed, shoving past Jonathan roughly as I heading down the now mostly deserted hallway, determined to find Frank and make everything right.

My plan didn't work out as well as I had hoped though; Frank was already in his math class by the time I extricated myself from Jonathan, and no matter how many times I texted him, or tried to get his attention through the small window set in the door when his teacher wasn't looking, Frank studiously ignored me, and after twenty minutes, I admitted defeat, sneaking outside to my usual smoking spot before any teachers caught me in the halls when I should have been in class.

As soon as I sunk down against the scratchy grass, everything that had happened hit me all at once, and I realized that I might have lost Frank forever. He didn't have to accept my apology, he didn't even have to listen to me if he didn't want to, but I couldn't deal with that, I couldn't even imagine living without Frank anymore, no matter the fact that we hadn't been together that long.

I loved Frank - I really did, and even though I hadn't told him that yet, it didn't make it any less true, but now what we had was ruined, all because of Jonathan, and I wasn't sure if Frank would let me glue the pieces of our relationship back together or not.