Chapter 1

Hello everyone.... This is my first ever Divergent sickfic here  Please enjoy and tell me if you'd be interested in any more.... I don't know how well I'll do exactly...

But here goes nothin!

(P.S. I am SO sorry if it's sort of long....)

~~~

*Tobias POV*

It was that time of year again. That time when new initiates came in from choosing the bravery faction... Dauntless. They'd fall from the net if they made the jump from the train... If not? They'd simply live factionless.

I now wait at the bottom of the net, Uriah and Tris both by my side.

"So who do ya think will be the first to jump?" Uriah now asks out of curiosity.

I stare at him but I don't reply.

"Hmm... Not sure. It might as well just be a dauntless-born... They're the ones who more than likely know what's down here." Tris replies quietly, peering up into the sunlit hole in the roof.

I didn't quite know my own answer, because you could never be too sure... Like the time when Tris fell from the sky and landed in the net. I'd never thought an Abnegation would be the first to jump. But she was...

---

"Alright listen up!" I call out rather sternly, walking in front of the propped targets. "Today is all about aim and attack. We'll be moving intp more common skills soon such as man-to-man combat, but for now? We at least want to make sure you know where your enemy is at all times. Got it?"

The initiates say nothing but nod, as they now step aside for my partner, Tris to give an example.

"This is the way to hold a knife... See?" She begins, turning it over in her hand as if she'd held it her whole life.

I stare at her for a minute and realize how her eyes are beginning to water.

Odd...

"Uh... Tris?" I try and ask, but she only fixes me with a strong gaze. "I'm fine Four. Let me just show them how to throw..."

I blink in shock from the very words she threw at me but ignore them. Maybe she's just remembering when she use to practice with Will or something?

She now pulls back her arm to throw the knife when she suddenly bends forward and sneezes into her arm, throwing the knife to the floor in process. "Asshheww! Hasheeeewwww!"

D***! I had never heard OR seen Tris sneezed ever before in my life until now... And for some odd reason... It sort of turned something on within me.

She now straightens her posture, her face slightly red from the incident while she exhales slowly. "S-sorry guys... I don't normally do this during knife-throwing..."

"You don't normally do it all Tris." I now remark, stepping forward and handing her my own knife that I always carried.

She glances at me once or twice but she doesn't directly look at me. "T-thank you... You know... For the... Kn-" She suddenly shoves her fist to her nose as she stifles the oncoming sneeze. "HA-chthhhmp!"

She exhales loudly afterwards as if it were exhausting and glances at the floor, her face now crimson.

Was she perhaps? Embarrassed? Gosh Tris! It was only a sneeze!

I step back now, awaiting the next attempt to throw, covering a hand over the newly growing smirk. Tris honestly didn't look half bad sneezing.

Her face suddenly screws up in some odd manner as she's just now pulling back her arm.

She doubles forward and sneezes harshly towards the ground. "ASTHEEW! HATHSHEEWW!"

The knife hurls through the air towards me, as I leap back to the side in alarm. It sails right by my face before hitting the stone-wall behind me.

My heart feels as if it's boiling for some reason for Tris being in this state. Was she sick or something? "Tris... Maybe I should continue on from here..."

"No I'm fi-... HAH.... HATSHEEWW!" She sneezes right onto me as her small lithe body tumbles into my arms. "Tris. I'm not kidding. You should rest." I plead with as much ferocity as I can muster. For I just couldn't stay mad at her when she was sick.... Plus it was kind of getting a little too attractive for me...

"Tobias! I'm fine!" She now snaps, wrenching herself free from me and storming for the exit, leaving the rest of the initiates staring at me for the discovery of my real name.

Darn it Tris... Why can't you just give into weakness just this once!

I knew she didn't like weakness, in fact NO Dauntless did! But I couldn't just let her go wandering around the Dauntless compound sneezing helplessly all day long.

---

At lunch, I sit quietly beside Zeke and Uriah, awaiting Tris's arrival. She's much later than she normally is, for today was hamburger day, and she LOVED hamburgers. Ever since she started eating them!

I keep my head low as I chew on my own burger and watch as she appears in the doorway. Her face looks drained as if she just got done with a sneezing fit.

She now lowers herself slowly beside Christina. "WHOA! You look awful!" Her friend exclaims.

"That's what a Candor would say..." I growl sharply, trying my best to relieve a bit of attention from the sickly girl.

Tris tries a feeble smile at me as if in gratitude before reaching for a fresh metallic cup of water upon the table. I had saved it just for her...

Come on Tris... Just give in already....

I kept my eyes upon her at all times...

She jerks her head to the right and sneezes swiftly into her arm. "Heh-ikSSCHEWW!"

I try and ignore it, reaching for my own cup of water while in the process.

She now reaches forward and starts for a hamburger before retracting her hand slowly.

"W-what's wrong Tris? Hamburgers are your favorite!" Uriah proclaims in astonishment, obviously catching onto what was happening here.

But Tris simply shakes her head. "I... I'm not hungry..."

I drop my fork that was only inches away from entering my mouth and pull back from the table. "Tris come with me. You're sick."

"No, I am FINE Tobias! Can't I just decline food for ONE day?" She asks in annoyance, as she now rubs the back of her hand to her irritated nose. But I simply shake my head. "No. Not when it's your favorite meal."

She opens her mouth to object but closes it... For she knew there was no use in fighting against me.

I grab her by the hand and forcefully swing her into my arms, careful not to drop her. She wasn't that heavy seeming... This was Tris we were talking about.

Her eyes water excessively as we exit the lunch-room. And once we're far off from anyone to hear us, she snaps forward and sneezes right into my black T-shirt I had been wearing. "Heh-Hehh-ikSCHEW!" "HASSSHEWW!"

I smile down upon her with sudden lust for kissing her, as he beautiful dark-blonde hair falls around her face and onto my arms. This new sickly Tris was just too much for me to stand.

"S-sorry..." She replies lowly, her voice heavy with the urge to sneeze again. "Heh.... HEHCHSSEW!!"

"Don't be..." I whisper softly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hope it was ok.... I promise it'll be MUCH shorter in the future if you'd like me to do more.... And... I also apologize if it was kind of slow at first, just comment and tell me if you'd like more