Chapter 18: An Ambush on One

Start from the beginning

"Carlos, don't you dare leave me like this," she warns.
He better not just leave her in this sexually frustrated mess and walk out.
"Listen, I'll see you tonight, okay? Stay out of trouble," he calls picking up his keys, phone and wallet before making a beeline for the door.
"Carlos! I'm serious! Come back here!" she yowls behind him in anger and irritation.

He dares not turn around. An angry little Lola is certainly a tempting one.

"Fine! Go then! I guess, I'll just take care of it myself!"

That certainly has his attention. He freezes by the door, a devilish smirk playing at his lips. Surely, she wouldn't-would she? Then again...what if she does? For that, he would gladly miss Church.
"Sure you will, Lola. And when you do, don't forget to tape it as evidence," he teases before leaving.

Lola huffs in annoyance. The nerve of the man! How dare he just saddle up to her while she's just waking up and play her so well and then just leave! She'll show him. Doesn't think she'll do it, huh? Well, it's time to get her own revenge.

Despite claiming to not be very religious, Carlos still has a prickling sense of guilt as he sits in the 'house of the Lord' and daydreams about his French girl wearing only her arousal as she brings herself to climax. It's isn't his intention to be sitting in the pew crowded by his family and a few hired guns, lustily imagining a woman masturbating, however her echoing words have snowballed into this. It's all her damn fault. Well...maybe not the part where he stopped fingering her as soon as it was getting hot, but the whole being irresistible is definitely her fault.

A quiet murmuring goes around as people start to rise out of their seats as the sermon ends. Desperate not to alert anyone of his spiritual absence, Carlos leaps to his feet too while his mother is much slower. He glances to his father knowing the drill by now. His mother would say she needed to have a word to one or two people and leaving Carlos, Marco and Alberto to stand around impatiently and awkwardly. Thankfully, before it gets too bad, Alberto would usually steer his wife back and they'd then go on back home, where his mother would cook lunch.

 Carlos is right of course, but maybe it's his imagination but his mother certainly is very excited to get back to their family house. Of course, he says family house but the thing is more like a mansion. Right on the edge of town, it's the gaudy plantation type place, modernised by the high technology security. The place where there used to be a bunker room out in the vast barren land of trimmed grass is converted into a hidden underground safehouse. His father has all the important documents stored there and is paranoid about it, so much so, that Carlos has only ever stepped foot in that place once. But it's a good thing that's there because he remembers times in the past where Federal agents have raided the house. Being so young at the time, he was shielded from it all but as he was being transported once, he'd seen them rolled up in their armed vests and headgear. Now those visits are practically non-existent, not only because his father holds quite a few government officials in his pocket but also due to the lack of real evidence.

He shakes those thoughts away as the car reaches the end of the long stretch of gravelled driveway.

His mother is the first to glide out after the passenger door is opened for her. In her classic first lady style, she oozes poise and elegance. And Caterina Castellano wouldn't have it any other way. Raised to be a lady first, she is the powerhouse behind the family, her word being law unless on the odd occasion her husband disapproves. But more often than not, Carlos knows his mother has a way of changing things to suit her. On first glance she may seem distant and unaffectionate, especially with her model looks and her immaculate appearance, but his mother has a strange way of showing affection. It's not something she says. It's just...it's just there in her eyes. He doesn't blame her. His mother comes from a wealthy family herself of a cartel back in Italy, so he puts her emotional derangement to upbringing.