Beautiful Destruction : Chapter 5

* chapter five*

* Tae-Hyun's p.o.v *

Honestly, everyday I've wanted to see Leilani. She hasn't been here for even half the year and I already feel strongly about her. "Snap out of it you ugly toad." Jason interrupted my thoughts. "How did you get in my room?" He laughed and sat on the floor. "Get out." He didn't move. "Get out before I choke you." my mom came in and told us dinner was ready. "Bye toad!" Jason said. He winked and blew a kiss towards me as he ran out. One day I'm going to hurt him.

I went to bed late thinking of ways to make myself more attractive for Leilani. Then again why would she want me. Maybe I should dye my hair back to black. No wait it took to long to get my hair this color. I guess I have no choice to be myself and hope that she will like me.

This morning, when Leilani walked into class I almost fell out of my chair. Why am I such a wreck? Mrs. Choi walked in holding a stack of papers. She dropped them on her desk and took a deep breath. "Class, I have your grades, and some are not so great." She handed me mine. I had two A's and three B's. Not my best, but  I'm not failing. I cant wait until school ends. Only two more months left.

During lunch, I wanted to avoid everyone. I snuck out to the secret area I found on the second day of school. Walking around I noticed a girl by the pond, as I got closer, I realized it was Leilani. She was picking flowers and throwing them into the water. I picked up a rock and tossed it to the water near her, causing her to jump. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, and how did you find this place?" she turned to fully face me."I was wandering around." One sentence, and my heart was beating like crazy. I'm  pretty sure she could hear it. "Why are you staring at me like that?" I turned my head. I felt a burning sensation on my face for the first time. I didn't know how to respond. "Your strange." "Coming from the person who called me statue."

I chose to walk home after school today. When I opened the door, I heard my mother yelling. I walked into the kitchen and saw her yelling at Jason. "Let me see your grades." My mother commanded. I set down my bag and pulled them out. my mother looked them over for a while. "What is this, why do you not have straight A's. What happened, where did my perfect son go?" I stood there shocked. Where did he go?" She repeated. "He died along with dad. I forgot about being perfect when you broke your promise to me." "What promise?" The fact that she forgot made me mad. "The promise you made to never forget dad. If you want to ask questions, the real question is where did my mom go?"