Chapter 1

I hope this chapter isn't too short. There is more to read and I hope you enjoy it.

Still as a statue, I stood behind a large wooden create, watching Mike carefully as he scolded Josh for his actions. It worried me because he kept holding a gun up to his face every now and then.

I mean, I know he wouldn't really shoot Josh right? At least that's what he told Chris when he hit Mike with the pipe. But you never know, he could be swinging that pistol around in rage and accidentally pull the trigger and BANG! Josh's head could explode.

Oh god, oh god, oh god, no, no, I don't want that to happen, not to Josh! He's been through so much and I understand his anger and pain. I want to heal him, not make it worse by yelling at the poor guy.

'Okay, I need to calm down and stop freaking out so badly. Take deep breathes.'

I then shook the horrid thought away.

The two bickered on at each other. I could hear Josh's voice and it...sounded different. Laughs at random remarks, he sounded like he'd gone nuts.

I sensed suffering, not madness. True, some people might call me insane for thinking this about him, but I saw something more than just plain psycho.

The longer I watched, the more I felt the urge to run out between both Mike and Josh, and end the argument.

Suddenly, Mike shot the gun. I flinched, closed my eyes, and bent down out of sight.

'Oh god, did Mike shoot Josh?'

I was too afraid to move.

I then heard laughter that was followed by a holler. Josh isn't dead!

Instead of aiming the gun straight, Mike pointed it towards the ceiling, and pulled the trigger to shut Josh up I suppose.

My nerves finally calmed down, and as soon as I felt confident enough to jump out from behind the create to end this nonsense, there was a high pitched scream in the distance.

The sound shot shivers up my spine and before I knew it, Mike had said his final words to Josh and ran into the snowy storm, away from the shed to flea, and head back to the lodge maybe?

"Aw, come on man, you're really gonna leave me here alone to die?! REALLY Mike? I thought you were better than that!" Josh yelled loudly.

As the echo dialled down to where it was now silent, Josh's head slumped over in a sad-like state.

After a few seconds, I finally decide to reveal myself from hiding.

I stepped several feet to my right and my shoes made a clonk-like noise against the cement floor, which got Josh's attention. His head turned towards me and our eyes locked onto each other's.