The Talk

The distant rumble of thunder and the white noise of rain filled their ears as Tadashi buried his face in the crook of Elsa's neck, moaning her name. Splaying their arms and clasping their hands together tightly, he shuddered above her before he collapsed, his breath warming her skin. They stayed that way for a few blissful minutes. This was Elsa's favorite part of making love—the aftermath, when the entire length of him was pressed against hers that she felt his heart beating against his, their limbs tangled together, and their bodies still intimately joined even though the act was finished. She reached up to run her fingers through his damp hair because she knew how much he liked it.

Of course, she loved the act itself, which surprised her. Growing up, she never had those urges teenagers were said to feel—she supposed she had been too worried about her powers back then. Even after they had become a couple, the thought of sex never crossed her mind, content with kisses and cuddling with Tadashi. And he had never rushed her or gave any indication that he wanted her that way, at least until about two months ago, while seated on his lap as she kissed him heatedly (she had distantly registered how wanton she was being, but she didn't care because it felt so good to be with him like that), she felt his hand on her breast and his desire against her thigh. She had scrambled away from him in surprise, almost falling off the couch, and he had been embarrassed, but honest—he wanted her.

"H-how long have you...?" Elsa squeaked, gesturing vaguely toward his lower half to express what she couldn't say. Her mind was still awhirl over what happened, but then NATURALLY he would, because he's a guy, and guys think about that sort of thing most of the time, don't they?

"Uh, well...from the start, I guess?" Tadashi's face was beet red, but he met her gaze head on. "Look, you're—God, you're beautiful, and believe me when I say I have the utmost respect for you, but I also want to touch and kiss you in places that I never have. It's..." he blew out a breath before continuing. "It's all love and lust and I don't know where one begins and one ends and I'm confused and terrified by it, okay?"

His words sent a funny flutter low in her belly, but she forced herself to concentrate on the matter at hand. "So...now what?" Elsa asked, hating how uncertain and inane she sounded. This was so awkward, she wished the earth would open up and swallow her whole.

Tadashi shrugged and tried for a little grin. "We take it slow, I guess," he suggested. "Up to you how far you want us to go. I've never really felt this way myself—I'm just as lost as you are."

"Have you...um..."

"Had sex? Yeah. A few times. Wasn't all it was cracked up to be, but I think for me it has to be with the right person. You. But I'm willing to wait. Or if you decide not to, it's okay." He shrugged again, obviously trying to play it cool, but Elsa could see how much it affected him.

"Tadashi..." she reached out then pulled her hand back, placing it over the other on her lap. It hit her just now that she absolutely hated the idea of other girls with her boyfriend, but she was elated to learn that of all the girls he could have picked, he wanted her. Elsa wished she knew what to do or say to get rid of the weird mix of jealousy and euphoria that made her head spin with confusion.

"What about you?"

She shot him a dry look. "No."

"Sorry. I just..." He trailed off then stood up. "I'd better go," he mumbled, wincing and rubbing the back of his neck. Tadashi started to bend down to kiss her but changed his mind. "I'll—I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" He straightened up and grabbed his cap from the nearby coffee table, hurrying to the door.