7 | Captured Witch

Suffocating darkness enveloped her, and it was becoming harder for her to breathe

Suffocating darkness enveloped her, and it was becoming harder for her to breathe. She frantically looked around, trying to make out anything that would give her a clue as to where she was. Eventually, she came to a stop when she noticed a male figure lying on the cold, hard ground.

Bloody, bruised and broken, that was how Judar looked. He scrunched up his perfect features, and (y/n) felt like she had to do something, to ease the pain he must have felt at this moment: that is if he could feel anything at all in his unconscious state.

She knelt down next to him like she had done after he was first knocked out of the sky, and she tried to stifle her cries. (y/n) could be tough when she needed to be, but there was no way she could put up her normal facade now. Yes, in the beginning, she hadn't been too fond of the dark magi, but now she cared deeply for him.

And now, he was hurt, yet there was nothing she could do to help him.

She took his head and placed it on her lap, and she let out all the anguish she felt: her cries echoed off the blackened walls.

"Miss, are you okay?" A low voice broke her free from her nightmare.

She abruptly sat up and looked around her at the cell she was being kept in. It had to be one of the most immaculate cells she had ever been in, and trust me, she's been in a few during her time on this Earth. A mattress lay in the corner, with a scratchy blanket placed on top of it, and there was a window on the wall above her, so at least she could see outside. A full moon was visible high up in the sky.

Then, she beheld the freakishly tall, red-haired male, staring at her with concern-filled eyes, as he stood outside of her cell.

"I'm fine," she said, getting to her feet and walking towards him.

(y/n) smirked and stood on her tiptoes, so she could wrap her arms around Masrur's shoulders as best she could.

When his face was close enough to her, she whispered in his ear, "hey Masrur, could you perhaps let me out of here?"

A faint blush appeared on his usually stoic face, but he didn't respond and gently pushed her away from him.

Hmphing, (y/n) folded her arms over her chest and looked away feeling a little irritated.

Now how else was she going to get out of here? She just wanted to see Judar again and make sure he was ok.

A chuckle could be heard, as someone came towards where she was being held captive, and it belonged to none other than the purple-haired, arrogant king. The one person (y/n) would rather not see: even if he had instructed his people to treat her well and look after her properly. If being locked in this dingy place, could be seen as someone being looked after.

Foolish king.

"You know that would never work." He laughed again and now stood beaming in front of her. "This guy here doesn't have an interest in women. It looks like you're doing fine in here. How about you come out for some fresh air?" Sinbad made a gesture at Ja'far who pulled out a set of keys from his robes.

"Why, are you going to let me go?" This whole thing seemed suspicious. Why would he put her in here, if he was just going to release her later? "Are you going to take me to see Judar?" She walked out of the now unlocked cell door and stretched her legs; they were numb from being in a cramped room for too long.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that," even though he said that Sinbad didn't look anywhere close to being apologetic. "They've taken him back to the Kou Empire already, and quite frankly, I have no interest in letting you go." He snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. He played with a strand of her (h/c) hair.

"What are you doing?" She struggled to get out of his arms. "You stupid king. Let me go!"

"Stupid king?" He laughed and kissed the strand of hair he was still playing with, while (y/n) was visibly cringing. "I guess I must be that, as I didn't realise just how beautiful you are. Has anyone ever told you that?"

"I can't say they have." Judar has told her that on more than one occasion, but it's not like she would ever tell the playboy king that. "Now could you please let me go?"

"Fine. I'll let you go for now." He finally freed her and turned to Ja'far to instruct, "escort her to the room closest to mine and then give her a change of clothes. It wouldn't do for someone to be wearing clothes from Kou within the Sindrian palace." And with that, he left the room.

What a creepy king. She definitely had to escape from here and go back to her Judar. As if she would stay here with that pervy king.

"Kougyoku stop crying, Judar's going to be fine," exclaimed Kouha, for what seemed like the hundredth time since Judar had been brought back to the palace. "The doctors did the best they could to patch him up, and they said he should wake up anytime now. He wasn't as hurt as he looked. Just a few broken bones here and there."

"Not badly hurt? Not badly hurt?!" she cried, glaring at her brother. "He was hurt! And what about (y/n)? Why didn't they bring her back? They could do anything to her!"

"Who could be doing what to (y/n)?" Came a raspy voice from the direction of the bed.

Everyone turned wide-eyed to the bed seeing a yawning Judar, scratching his head and looking like he had just woken up from a nap. You wouldn't have known the dark magi had been asleep for 48 hours.

His long black hair was spread all around him, and he was glancing about the room as if he was looking for something or someone.

When he couldn't see who he was looking for his eyes narrowed and he growled, "where's (y/n)?"