Chapter 8

6 MONTHS LATER

FAITH POV: Dan and I got married a couple of months ago and so far things ok. I just don't know if I made the right decision, but I'm scared if I didn't marry him, he would do something and destroy my career that I worked so hard to get. I can see he loves me I think, I just don't love him. I care for him very much. He is a great guy and all but I don't think I can do this anymore. I'm just not happy. Dan also the past few weeks or so has been bugging me to start a family with him. I want children just not now and with him. I can't believe that thought just crossed my mind. I don't know what to do. My best friend Gaye is coming to visit me. I've been talking to her alot lately about this. She's been very supporitve and caring. And giving me some great advice. Just than there was a knock at my door. I opened to see Gaye. "Oh Gaye I'm so happy to see you" I said and hugged her "I'm happy to see you also" She came in and we sat and talked for a couple of hours till Dan came home. "Hi Dan" "Hello girls" Dan came over and gave me a hug and a kiss. "nice to see you Gaye" "you two Dan" "Dan would you mind bringing Gaye's stuff up to the guest bedroom" "sure no problem" "thank you Dan" Gaye said "no problem" He than grabed Gaye's suitcase and bags and brought them upstairs. "so do you know what you are going to do" "yes.. no.. Ugh I don't know. I don't want to hurt him but at the same time. I'm just not happy. But if I tell him, I'm afraid my career..." "No Faith I don't think, he would do anything like that to you" "How do you know"

"I don't know, but he seems like a good guy that wouldn't do any revenge like that" "yeah I guess your right" "do you want me to be with you?" "no this is something i have to do on my own" "ok well if you need me, I will be up in the room I'm staying in" "thank you, Ok come on, let me show you where your room is" "Faith I've been here before, isn't it the same one" "yeah sorry I forgot" "oh its fine don't worry." Just than Dan was coming back down the stairs. "ok I am going to shower and freshen up ok, you talk to him" "ok, hey Gaye, thank you maybe we can out for dinner later" "sure that sounds good" "so what you two ladies up to" "Nothing much" "where you going Gaye" "oh just to take a shower and freshen up a bit" "oh ok" she than went upstairs. Dan that went and sat down next to me on the couch. "so what are your plans tonight" "Gaye and I are going to get some dinner and hang out, is that ok" "yeah fine" he than looked at me. I think he can see something was wrong. "Faith.."" yeah" "is something wrong? you've been kind of distant lately and seem a little sad" "well. I don't know." I started to get tears fall down my cheeks "honey what is it, you can talk to me" "It's just.. I don't want to hurt you" "Hurt me? you could never hurt me" "its just... I care about you alot I just don't.." he than cut me off "love me, You don't love me" I nodded ny head. "I'ms so sorry Dan.." "Faith it's ok, I feel the same way. I think we both kind of rushed into this. I do care about alot and i Love you but just not.." "In love with me" we both kind of chuckled. "yeah.. that." "so what now" "Well I think we go our seperate ways" I said. He than go up.. "where are you going" "to pack,I'm leaving" "now?" "yeah there's nothing else left for us, so why delay it" I nodded. I had tears coming down. I never thought I would ever be getting divorced. When I got married I thought it would be starting a family and being together forever. But this is what is meant to be for me I guess. Gaye than came down the stairs and sat next to me on the couch. "so what happened" "well looks like I"m getting a divorce" "I'm so sorry" "it's ok, it just wasn't meant to be, I think we both rushed into this marriage. I think for me more than anything I was afraid of losing my career. But now I know I had nothing to be afraid of" "what did he say?" "he just basically agreed with me. He loves but not in love with me and I think we both knew for a long time. so now we go our seperate ways. It still hurts. "of course it does, I mean you two were married" "yeah I just never found myself ever getting divorced, but now here I am" Gaye and I just talked for hours. It only took about a 1/2 hour or so for Dan to get all his things packed and than he left.