Chapter 3 - Tracked Down

Start from the beginning

Bang!

Jace threw the game console in front of him. His eyes were bloodshot when he looked at his lap. Everyone was shocked and turned to look at him. He was breathing in and out hard, his hands clenching again and again.

Then he screamed out of pain.

"AARGH!" he shrieked.

"Jace, what's going on?" Nathan went to him. Everyone froze. I started to shiver out of anxiety. I didn't like what was happening.

I started to move when Jace turned his head and stood on his feet. He was shaking so much I was sure he was going to trip.

That's when he paced a few steps backwards and said, "My mate's here."

The boys turned around, looking. "Who?"

"Sunny," he shouted. "Is there someone downstairs in the hall?"

"No!" Sunny started to shiver. "We're the only ones here! There's nobody downstairs—"

"NO, SUNNY! She's in your house! My mate's somewhere—"

Jace tripped, with his back on the floor. He squeezed his shaved head over and over like he was going crazy. "She's here!" he said. "Please, I need her."

"I'll go get my father," Rick said as he started to stand up.

Holy shit. I didn't like the idea of Rick's father, the Alpha, butting into this matter. I felt like I would be in trouble.

"I need her, Nate. Get her. Find her! She's somewhere—"

"Fuck, dude," Nathan groaned. "There's no other girl, than Sunny, in this house! What are you talking about?"

Everyone pressed around Jace but me. Nathan had Jace's head on his lap. His eyes were shut and his tears smeared all over his face. He let out a wheeze as he struggled with the internal pain he was having, and I could only watch from afar.

After a while, Sunny joined him, too. No one seemed to notice me. I could run.

"But my mate is here. I can feel it."

Jace started to sound weak. He was blacking out. My heart was beating so fast and I was breathing too rapidly. I had to go before Alpha Dan arrived. Things would be bad now.

"Jace, I—I—"

Sunny was trying to say something and I wouldn't let her. She was going to tell him his mate was here.

I ran to her and squeezed her arm as a warning.

"It's okay," I said. Then I realized that was a stupid thing to say. Nothing was okay. I was scared people would notice there was something fishy going on with me.

"Jordan," Sunny cried, "please."

"Sunny," I groaned.

Jace's breathing became hard again. "My mate's here! Fuck, I can smell her! Really, my mate's here!"

"What's going on?" a deep voice said from behind us.

I turned around and noticed Alpha Dan standing beside Rick. He sped toward the crowd and came to check on Jace.

When Rick joined the circle again, I started to make my move. Everyone had their attention on Jace.

Your mate is dying, Jordan.

I sneaked to the stairway, walked downstairs and tiptoed out of the house.

* * * *

"Sweetheart, are you okay?"