"James, you're up!" I heard Coach's voice echo. 

Lucille's POV

When Ethan and I made eye contact, I could see him smile. I knew he was going to tease me about this later, but his smile got to me every time. I loved his smile. I decided to leave before anyone could see me. 

I took the secret pathway to get back to the entrance of the school. I was halfway through the path when I felt a warm pair of rough hands wrap around my waist from behind and picked me up. I was all too used to those hands that warmed my heart. My lips spread into a smile. 

His face was buried in my neck as he swung me around. I was screeching out of joy. 

"I thought you didn't want to come," he mumbled against my neck. 

"I thought you were suppose to be practicing," I replied. He then turned me around, and we stared at each other before both of us broke into a smile. His lips met with mine and it made up for these past hours without him. He picked me up by my butt as I swung my legs around his waist with my arms around his neck. I had one hand tangled in his hair. He brought one of his hands to my face. He caressed my cheeks as we kissed. 

We finally pulled away after a couple of minutes. He stared into my eyes as I did the same. 

He rubbed his thumbs against my cheeks as our foreheads met. 

"Don't you have to go back?" I whispered. He swayed his head sideways, with his eyes closed. 

"No." 

I couldn't let him not finish practice. 

"You have to go back." 

He just groaned as he held me tighter. I unraveled my legs from his waist, and he let me down while still holding my waist. 

"Go." 

"No.." I  knew he wouldn't go back now. I kissed his lips.

"I'll wait for you tonight." Those words  sounded so weird to say, but it felt so good at the same time. Words that a normal girlfriend would say to her boyfriend. Normal ---something we were not.

"Promise?" he smirked. 

"As long as you're not mad at me anymore," I joked with a smile. 

"Mad?" He gave a confused face which made me confused. 

"Yeah... that's why you didn't look at me today," I said, nervously--embarrassed to say just in case he never meant to intentionally look at me. He laughed. 

"So you do notice then?"

I looked up to him and smiled with a relief, but I joked, "Of course, with your creepy eyes, who wouldn't notice?" 

He chuckled, then kissed my forehead. "I never stopped looking at you..I just did it when you didn't notice it." 

That made my heart flutter. "Go.." I slightly pushed him back. "They're waiting for you...and someone might see."

"Fine, I'm leaving, but you promised you'd wait for me tonight, so I'm coming in whether you are or not." He smirked. 

I just laughed. He then kissed my cheek and went back to practice. I went back home. 

9:00pm hit. As soon as I got back home from seeing Ethan, I was determined to finish my homework. I wanted to be with him when he came over. It's been 3 hours since he finished practice, but he hasn't texted me. He probably had to go back home to take a shower and finish his homework. Or eat dinner with his parents or... I tried to come up with a lot of reasons, just to kill time.