01

You sat in the kitchen, both of your parents in front of you while your younger sister, Layla, snacked on an apple. Of course, you thought you knew what was coming so you weren't too worried. Earlier during your civics class you had used your powers to scare off a couple of bullies. They had been tormenting a small freshman girl, so you took care of it.
The teacher was a family friend, so he knew about your little... gift. He called your parents and told them what had happened in class.

They were not pleased.

"(y/n)..." your mother looked at you sternly.

"Mother."

"You know you can't be doing those things. What if someone had seen you? Do you understand how much danger that could put you in?"

You just rolled your eyes, not really caring much about your mothers constant overreactions. She always did this.

She sighed, biting her lip and crossing her arms. "We're transferring you to your sister's school."

"WHAT."

She just nodded, ignoring the look of bewilderment on your (s/t) face. Knowing you wouldn't be able to reason with her, your gaze switched over to your father.

"Dad... c'mon, help me out here!"

"(y/n), I'm sorry, but my hands are tied. The decision was already made. You'll be attending Sky High as soon as the registration is completed. Your mother already filled out the paper work and sent it to the school."

Your jaw dropped as you stared at your parents. How could they do that? All you did was defend some poor girl! You had to transfer schools just because your mother worried too much?

"If everything goes smoothly, you'll be starting there the day after tomorrow."

You stood up without another word and stalked off to your room. Layla followed after you, closing the door gently behind her and looking at you in sympathy.

"Sorry, (y/n)..." she spoke.

"It's not your fault." You sighed back, staring at the dark red ceiling above you. "I just don't want to leave South Crest, I actually have friends there! And you know how I feel about meaningless fighting; that's all Sky High is."

Layla nodded as she played with one of your little yarn cats. "Well, I have a few friends there that I can introduce you to, they're pretty nice. And as long as you don't cross anyone you won't have to fight... maybe..."

Flopping onto your red and black bed, you sighed again. You had no problem with Layla and her friends probably were very nice. But you had been going to South Crest for two and a half years, how could you leave now?

"Mother isn't going to cchange her mind, is she?"

Layla shook her head with a sad smile.

"....UHHHGGGGG..."

~~~

It was Wednesday. A.K.A; the day you woke up at 6:00 and followed Layla to the bus stop.
Your first day at Sky High School. Your sister was filling you in on everything.

"So when the bus is about to drive off the edge of the bridge, don't panic, that's normal."
You nodded, watching as the seemingly normal school bus stopped in front of you before the both of you climbed aboard. Layla sat beside Will, gesturing for you to sit in the seat across from it.
Which you did.

"(y/n)?" Will stared at you. "You go to Sky High? Since when?"

layla was quick to punch him in the arm and silently explain the whole spiel. You just stared out the window, completely bored as the harness dropped down over your shoulders and the bus started to fly. Whatever.
Since you were off in your own world, it didn't feel like too long before the bus landed on the floating school and you slung your bag over your shoulder, following Layla over to a group of people.

"Guys! This is my sister, (y/n)." She grinned and gestured towards you as you waved awkwardly. "(y/n), these are my friends; Ethan, Zach, Magenta, and Warren."

The interesting group consisted of an apathetic girl, a nerdy guy, a guy that... looked.... albino?... and a very attractive male in a leather jacket.

"I didn't know Layla had a sister!" The strange albino exclaimed. "Do you do the thing with the plants too?"

....what....

"She's more of our dad's side, so her powers are closer to his."

"So what are your powers?"

You were about to answer, but some creep with long arms was way too close to you. When you glanced at him you saw an awkward lanky guy an orange shirt, though the sleeves were striped with black and white. His hair was a plain brown colour and was just long enough to cover his ears.

"New girl, huh?" He smirked. "I'm Lash, most popular guy in school."

"Liar."

He ignored you, wrapping an arm around your shoulders and that was kind of the boundary for you. Before you could even do anything though, a large hand was placed on the stripe boy's arm and a moment later there was smoke rising from it. The creeper drew his arm back quickly and glared at the guy that you owed your life to.

"She looks completely creeped out and you didn't even notice?"

You remember Layla introducing him as Warren, and suddenly remembered; he was the Warren Peace she had told you about. She had wanted you to meet him, saying you'd get along great or something.

When your mind found its way hack to reality, you noticed Lash was gone and everyone was smirking at you.

Besides Zach and Warren.
The latter was messing with his iPod while the former just looked very confused.

"Well, (y/n)," your little sister clapped her hands together. "You still need to go through power placement, which should only take a minute. How about we go with you?"

She knew something you didn't. You just knew it.

/////////////

So here's chapter one, hope it wasn't too bad xP
Leave feedback if you have any!
Thanks for reading!

~Noodle