Prologue

Prologue

January 23, 1963

Budapest, Hungary

0100 Hours

The two black clad men looked up at the building. Apex Industries, the sign up front read, pointing them exactly where they wanted to go. It was, after all, the place nuclear warhead plans that could make the event of Hiroshima look like a tea party, were located.

"Are you just going to stand around, or are you actually going to try to complete this mission?" a female voice asked in annoyance. Gaby Teller sat in the getaway car, which was parked a block away, monitoring the men from there. Napoleon and Illya rolled their eyes in union.

"Ladies first," Napoleon quipped to his Russian counterpart. Illya looked at him with a raised eyebrow, feigning confusion.

"Say no more, after you," he replied with a smirk. They both heard Gaby sigh in annoyance over their ear pieces. That gave them both the signal to go and headed to the side entrance, the least guarded one there. After quickly 'disposing' of the guards, the two agents slid through the doorway, entering into the shipping area.

They knew where they were heading, Floor 6. The office of Apex's CEO, Christopher Stark, one of the richest men on the planet at the time. Almost everyone in the world knew his name, but what they didn't know was how he made his fortune. He inherited his riches and his occupation from his father, a warlord who took part in creating WWII. So undoubtedly, nuclear warhead plans in his hands could prove catastrophic.

The two spies entered the service elevator and pressed the button that read 6. Not even half way up, alarms blared through the building and the elevator came to a screeching halt.

"что ебут," Illya said under his breath.

"Agreed," Napoleon muttered. "Do you mind?" Illya sighed and put his hand on the crevasse between the two doors, forcing them open just a crack. The elevator had stopped barely under the fourth floor. He opened the door the rest of the way, and before Illya could say anything Solo jumped up and grabbed the ledge of the fourth floor in his hands. He swung himself up and out of the elevator. "Coming Peril?"

"So you're a show-off, cowboy?" he asked before doing the same. "I guess we have to take the stairs."

"Yeah, but I'm confused on how they found us out. Someone was supposed to shut off the cameras." That someone of course, was Gaby, who chimed in in a second.

"I did! They are all off! You two must have switched a wire," she defended.

"There were no wires," Illya mumbled in confusion in which Napoleon shared in. Before they could ask anymore questions, at least ten armed guards stormed in. Their guns trailed on the men dressed in black.

"wo sind die Pläne?" one commanded in German.

"Plans?" Napoleon asked. "We didn't steal any plans?" Yet.

"nehmen Sie sie heraus," he said simply.

"Now that's a little harsh," he said as the guards' fingers itched on their triggers. Both men went to grab their guns quickly, but before any man pulled the trigger, a loud shot sounded and the man guard fell to the ground. He back painted itself red. Not hesitating, Illya and Napoleon used the distraction to shoot two guards. They went to train their guns on the other two, but they were already down.

"Getting yourself into trouble boys?" a British voice asked.

"Who are you?" Illya demanded. This resulted in the owner of the voice to walk out from the shadows, her black heels clicking behind her. She was wearing a bright red dress, that matched the shade on her lips which only highlighted her chocolate eyes and brunette curls.

"Oh sweetheart, that information is above your pay grade," she said, reloading her pistol with another clip. Napoleon felt Illya tense beside him.

"Where are the plans?" he asked.

"Now? Far away and safe, and none of your business. Now you two are causing me trouble which I don't like very much. I should have sent that message two days ago," she rolled her eyes.

"You've had someone follow us?" Illya asked.

"No, I saw you staking out the building." Her chocolate eyes fell to her watch. "You have about one hundred seconds before more guards come and I direct them to wear you are."

"And why would you do that?" Solo asked.

"Because of what you are making me have to do to keep my cover. Oh look, it's ninety now."

"Get out of there you idiots!" Gaby yelled at them. This snapped them both back to their senses and they started to run down the hall. Starting down the stairwell, they heard a gunshot but neither of them hesitated to run out.

Meanwhile, the Women in Red sat in the ground, her hand over her bleeding shoulder. A gunshot wound was worth it for her cover any day. The guards ran in.

"They went that way," she said, pointing down the hall. They nodded and went after them, but never caught the culprits, who had left in their escape car before the guards even reached the Woman. She gave a small smile as she curled her fingers around the hard drive in her garter. Soon it would be destroyed, and the plans would be never used.

Little did anyone know, the plans weren't even in play anymore. Christopher already took the next step in his plan which was actually constructing the warhead....