Chapter 1

Peyton couldn’t believe how stupid she was for just leaving like that now she was lost. She wasn’t planning on being gone forever just to give her family a little bit of a scare to show them how unhappy she was.

“It had to be Rome” Italy was one place that she had always wanted to visit and walk around but not like this. She was soaked and tired and her feet were killing her. She had no idea where she was and couldn’t call for help seeing that she left her phone behind with her purse.

She just hoped that she didn’t meet trouble. Her father always said that she was a magnet for trouble. She had rolled her eyes at that statement. She saw a light looking up she saw a hotel, which one? She didn’t really care but as she walked up the door man gave her a look and she knew that he wouldn’t let her in.

She finally gave up she had decided that she would find a park bench and sleep there. She would deal about where she was tomorrow. So she kept walking and looking across the street hoping to see a park nearby.

****

As Antonio walked to his hotel he pulled out the black velvet box that was burning a hole in his chest pocket of his jacket. And to think he actually chose to be with the women. He should have listened to his mother when she warned him about Gina. He thought she was just being an Italian mother who thought nobody was good enough for her son.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he walked into a person. Looking down he saw smudged make-up and ruined hair but what stood out the most was her alluring green eyes. They seemed so pure and honest. Her voice brought him back to earth “Mi Scusi signore” and she started to walk away.

Turn around go upstairs and go to sleep he told himself. He stood there the rain started falling harder now. He cursed in Italian and ran after her. “Do you know where you are going” he asked her when he caught up with her. The look she gave him told him the answer. Shrugging out of his jacket she put it over her shoulders. “I live in this building come inside”. He saw her hesitation but she nodded and followed him.

Once they were in his penthouse he could hear her teeth chattering. “I’ll show you the guest bedroom” He didn’t realise that he was touching her until he gave her a little push towards the bathroom “I’ll leave some clothes for you” with that he walked out. He made her some hot coco and left one of his shirts on the bed. He heard the shower turn off and made his way back to his room.

He hoped that she wasn’t mute it would be difficult getting her back to where she came from if she was. He went to sleep thinking about those beautiful green eyes and the girl they belonged to that had no name.

The smell of coffee woke him from his sleep. His mother was probably here she would have seen the news by now. He was in no mood to make small talk with her. He loved the women but sometimes she was just too much like all Italian women her age.

Groaning he slowly got out of bed and made his way to the kitchen. He froze when he realised that the women wearing his t-shirt was far from being his mother. He watched her while she hummed some tune while buzzing around his kitchen. She looked like she belonged. Gina was allergic to the kitchen so to see another women apart from his mother and the maid there maid him smile, then frown at what he was thinking.

Clearing his throat caused her to jump and face him. “I made breakfast” she said in a small voice “as a thank you”. He sat at the kitchen table and took his plate from her “so you can talk” she narrowed her eyes at him “why wouldn’t I be able to talk?” he smiled “you were very quiet last night”. She seemed to remember and bit her lip “I was cold and scared” she didn’t look at him while she spoke “You shouldn’t thank me you should thank my mother she taught me manners” She smiled he didn’t know why but it made him happy. Shaking his head “Call the boutique down stairs, give them your size and they will send up clothes. I have to go to work today so I will drop you wherever” It looked like she wanted to say something but his tone was one she had heard often and knew not to mess with him.

After his shower he came out to find her ready and waiting. “We can go if you are ready” Peyton looked up at him. She wouldn’t mind marrying him, shaking her head at the thought. She got up and walked to him. “Thank you so much for letting me stay you really saved me” she said with a small smile she hated the fact that she was so shy, she needed to work on that.

All Antonio did was smile and nod. They walked out and to his car. “Do you have a name?” he asked “Peyton” she didn’t want to give him her last name just in case he recognised it and he wanted something in return.

She gave him the name of the hotel where she was staying and to say he wasn’t surprised. The woman was dressed elegantly last night. He was sure that if she wasn’t soaked that she would have been a sight to behold. He looked at her she was staring out her window taking in the beauty of Rome. She was a beauty herself if he didn’t have to deal with a buck load of work, a cheating ex and an employee that he would very much love to fire but couldn’t. He wouldn’t mind asking for her details but he could only handle so much at a time.

He pulled up to the entrance of her hotel “I believe this is where we part ways Peyton”. She couldn’t help the shiver that ran down her spine when he said her name. “Thank you very much for your help” he turned in his seat to look at her. She was a beauty that he could not deny taking her hand and kissing it lightly “E 'stato il mio pleaseure" He could see he cheeks tint with a light pink.

Antonio watched as she walked away.

Peyton could feel his eyes on her back and smiled a little, when a thought occurred to her she didn’t know his name. Turning around to walk back she watched as his car faded in with traffic. Letting out a sigh she only hoped that she would see him again.

She walked back to her hotel ready to face her family and tell them exactly where they could shove their marriage proposal.