Chp 5: Truth Always Prevails

Chapter 5: Truth Always Prevails.

__________________________

Austin's POV:

I was confused.

I didn't know what was going on.

But I really, really wanted to stop it.

Ally looked like she was crying.

Her eyes were sort of puffy and her face was bare of any make up, so she must have washed her face sometime before.

Trish started heading towards Ally asking what was wrong.

She hasn't noticed me yet. Although, I had a feeling she would try to conceal that she was crying from me.

As she looked over and noticed I was there, a whole new fresh batch of tears started glinting in her eyes.

I froze up. I knew that if I tried to approach her too soon, she would most likely run. And I didn't need that to happen.

Ally doesn't cry very often. But when she does, and if she doesn't keep it to herself...that means it's bad.

My thoughts started jumbling around in my head. The aroma of soggy chicken tenders and mayo didn't help much either.

I thought of all the possibility's that Ally would be crying. Could it be that Dez told her that I liked her? That would hurt. That probably wasn't it though. It was more likely something beyond me.

Maybe...maybe it had something to do with her mothers death.

I wouldn't know how that feels. I have a living, healthy mother. And I wish that Ally could have that too. I guess her step mother Meredith is ok. I mean, I've never even had a conversation with her. I've seen her before though.

I just...I don't know. I wish I was able to help.

I was just glad that I was with Trish at Peters Sports Arena Cafe. At least I know that something bad had happened. The truth is, even though I haven't known Ally for that long...I still wanted to take care of her, protect her.

I feel that it's your duty to take care of the one you love. And in this case, whether they know or not. Even if this love wasn't just a friendly or brotherly love, for me.

It really hurts to see people you love, or that are close to you, cry. But I don't want to pity her, because that feels the worst when I myself am upset. That look of pity, to me, signifys that you are weaker. I mean of course, it is the only look others can give you. Most of the time, that person doesn't know what it's like to be in your shoes. It's their only way of communicating their condolences.

But seeing Ally cry almost brought tears my eyes, she looked that so pained and troubled.

She buried her face in Trish's shirt as Trish enclosed her in a hug.

They started whispering to each other. Trish had a horrified look on her face. Ally had tears slipping down her face. She was a silent cryer. Trish's hand was rubbing on her back in circles. Hugging her.

I wish that was me.

. . .

I asked a million times.

"What happened? What happened?"

Trish kept saying that it was nothing. She just said that something big was about to happen.

Trish is the kind of person that is very protective of her friends and family. Ally had left to go get her stuff from her house and then drive to Trish's house. I wonder why that is? I thought that Ally was staying with Meredith till her Dad gets back. I guess in spite of the crisis Ally needed someone close to her to be there for her.

I just wish they would tell me what's wrong.

Trish was walking around the cafe with anger etched into her face. She was slumped over an her eyebrows were furrowed. She walked over to the counter, she was busy cleaning up her shift, waiting for Ally. You could almost see the anger seething off of her. This must be really bad.

Trish rarely ever cleaned her station. Heck, she never tried to work. Zero effort. So why is she starting now? I decided to try one last time asking her.

"Trish! You seem so upset! You need to tell me what's happened to Ally!"

I pleaded.

She didn't answer me for a few seconds. She sighed inwardly, and asked me something.

"Are you sure?"

I thought she was kidding...but she looked deadly serious.

It's like one of those looks when your parents tell you a family member died. Or when a teacher tells you your failing, or got in trouble.

Point is, it wasn't a good look.l

I was getting really nervous for Ally. What happened that was so bad that Trish was serious? But I stayed there, showing no fear or worry. Even if it was eating at the back of my mind.

She looked around before speaking, as if checking to make sure no one heard.

"You know Ally's step whatever, Meredith?" She asked me. As she said it there was this fiery glint of rage in her eyes.

"Yea. What does this have to do with her?"

Her face tightened.

"It has everything to do with her!"

"Calm down Trish. I still don't even know what happened. I'm just trying I figure it out." I cooed.

" That step-bitch....s-she.... she hit Ally."

_________________________

Authors Note:

I'm having serious writers block. I had an idea for the next chapter....but idek.

Well, like almost 100 reads. XD

Oh and I made my schools dance performance team. Yay. ;o

And one time, I was checking my reads and it said 69. And I was like

<0_0>

And also check out the story:

Uncle Si's Real Neice.

I like it alot! :)

So. Ya.

Bye. c:

~maya❤