My thoughts were interrupted as a folded up piece of paper hit the side of my head. I lifted my head from my arms and glared at Mark, who only winked in response and nodded towards the paper on my desk.

 I unfolded it while grumbling under my breath, ignoring the teacher, who has now in the middle of a lecture.

 How did confessing your undying love go?

 I turned towards mark, mouth hanging open, while I sputtered, not forming full words. With a glare, I chucked the paper at his smirking face, after writing 'just fine, counselor.' He chuckled under his breath, making me duck my head lower to cover my heated cheeks.

 I heard Cain clear his throat lowly, making me glance at him. His green eyes danced between Mark and I, eyebrows raised. I just rolled my eyes and waved him off, taking notes for the lecture now, trying to ignore the two idiots on either side of me.

 That's how the rest of the period went. Mark pelting me with notes, teasing me about my 'undying love', causing me to mutter curse words under my breath, while writing said curse words in reply, only to make him laugh more. Which, in turn, made Cain more agitated by the second, also making me more irritated. It's only passing notes, come on. It's not like I'm making out with him or anything.

 The bell rang finally, after what seemed like years. As soon as I did, I shot out of my seat and began to hit Mark anywhere I could reach.

 "What the hell?" I hissed, trying to contain laughter at his terrified expression. I wasn't really mad, just a bit annoyed and embarrassed. Once he saw I wasn't serious, he chuckled and gathered up his things.

 "I was just curious." He said, faking innocence. I stood there for a moment more, before hitting him one last time and walking away, Cain right beside me.

 I shook my head and laughed a little. Only Mark would be able to make me want to murder him, then laugh.

 "What was that about?" Cain asked, trying to be casual, but there was also true curiosity in his tone. I just shrugged, a smile on my face under my hood.

 "I don't even know."

 Instead of hounding me for a better answer, Cain let it go, draping an arm over my shoulder. I rolled my eyes at the action, but blushed anyway. Second period was pretty lifeless, probably because Cain was actually paying attention. I know, gasp. And Mark was sitting in the front, which made me out of the teasing range, thankfully.

  Third period was even slower, considering I didn't have anyone in this class. So I just focused on my work, getting it done in a flash without any distractions. With the bell ringing in my ears, I stood up and tossed my bag over my shoulder, walking away from the classroom, eager to be with the people I love.

 All of a sudden, my vision was engulfed in blackness. I panicked internally, before a voice spoke.
"Guess who?" Risa's bubbly tone reached me, making me relax instantly.

"You scared me!" I accused, when her hands moved, letting me see again. She just grinned and skipped ahead of me, her strawberry blonde hair bouncing with her movements. I smiled at her back, lightly. Risa will be Risa.

 She turned and noticed my slow pace, now pouting. She mumbled something and ran back to me, grabbing my hand. Without a warning, she just started pulling me along at her speed, almost ripping my arm off.

 "What's the rush?" I asked her, while she shoved the lunchroom doors out of her way.

"I was hungry." She said simply, making me laugh. Still tugging on my hand, she made her way to our table where Mark already sat, scribbling in his notebook. I sat across from him, while Risa sat on his right, looking over his shoulder. She then wrinkled her nose up and moved away.

 "Ewh. Math."

Mark rolled his eyes, smiling, while still writing in the book. I never pictured Mark as the studious type, funny enough. I felt someone appear behind me and immediately knew who it was.

 Without turning, I propped my head up on my elbow, saying, "Hey Cain."

 Risa looked startled and Cain sat next to me, looking a bit surprised as well.

 "How did you..?" Risa asked, brow pushing together in confusion.

"No one else would come that close to me, duh." I replied, smirking. Risa nodded in agreement and understanding, before looking back to what Mark was doing, starting up a conversation with him.

 Head still on my elbow, I gave Cain a sideways glance. He was looking at me.

 "What?" I asked, curious.

"Nothin'."

 I frowned at the simple reply, causing him to smirk.

 "Oh, do you want me to have a reason to stare at you?" He asked. I groaned in annoyance. Would I ever be able to do anything without being teased for it? With a quick look at Cain's smug face, I knew my answer.

Nope.