Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Mike’s POV

I watched as Ali drove off and I walked inside the building and right up to the computer and entered the guy’s name. ‘LOUIS THOMPSON’.

Louis’s wrap sheet popped up on the screen and I started reading down it. 7 count of DUI, 4 count of assault, and even involvement with the mafia.

Mafia. Crap, I got up from my desk so fast that I hit the tops of my knees on the desk. I started driving with sirens blaring to Ali’s flat.

Ali’s POV

I sat on the porch when footsteps stopped in front of me. I look up to see a buff man in all black. I pointed my arm out when he stepped closer to me.

With incredible strength he pulled my arm downward to his left side as he pulled the gun that I had in the rim of the back of my jeans. He slung me over him shoulder and held the gun to my neck and spoke in a rusty voice. “I’m Jo-Pauli, and since you’re a cop you know what I’m with and I’m here to kill Louis and I ain’t afraid to kill you.”

He slung me on the ground and stepped on me to get to the door. I slipped my legs around his and twisted my waist and he slammed to the cement.

His hands flew to his head covering them in blood pissed, he spun towards me and choked me until I felt myself slipping away with red and blue lights flashing.

Mike’s POV

I pulled up to her flat and there was a man standing in her doorway that fled the scene when I pulled up. I saw Ali lying on the ground and I ran over and saw the blood and called it in as I started doing CPR on her.

Seconds passed like minutes and soon Steve and Lynn Arrived. Lynn jumped out and so did Steve. They both immediately started crying as tears dripped off of my face and onto Ali’s.

Lynn came over and pulled on my arm yelling between sobs. “SHE’S GONE! STOP!”

I didn’t want to stop and at this point I just pounded on her chest with my fist.

It went like this for a few minutes until blood shot out of her mouth and she started coughing and I hugged her and pulled her up to my chest.

Lynn and Steve ran over to hug her too as they wiped the tears from their eyes.

Ali’s POV

I shook my head clearing my vision I remembered Louis and pushed them away and stumbled into the doorway to find Louis on the ground unconscious surround by shards of glass and wine on the floor around him making him making it hard for me to tell if there was any blood.

I waved a paramedic in and I helped Louis up.

He was groggy but he was okay. The paramedic checked both of us out and said we were fine and everyone left except for Lynn Mike and Steve.

Mike came into my doorway last as I sat on the couch and Louis put his head in my lap and I held an icepack on the top of his head.

Mike spoke with his head towards to floor. “I-I’m so sorry, sorry that I didn’t get here before the guy, you know, got away.”

I had a confused look on my face and patted the couch next to me on the side that Louis wasn’t. “Mikey, you saved my life. Everyone told you to stop but you didn’t and if you would have I would be dead!” I put my arm around him shoulder. “That wasn’t preventable, if it wasn’t today it would have been tomorrow or the next day. You’re just going to have to trust that I can make discussions and I need to know that if I make the wrong one you can move on…”