Chapter 20 ~ A Blast to the Past (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

We finally saw Harry and I run after Sirius and Lupin. We ran to get closer to the scene. By that time, I just threw a rock at Lupin and he was coming after us. But then Hermione decided to let out a big howl.

Harry grabbed her arms so she would stop. "What are you doing?!"

"Saving your lives!" Hermione replied and she let out another big howl.

"Thanks," Harry told her. But like before, the wolf was running into the woods in our direction.

"Great, he's coming for us now," I said.

"Yeah, didn't think about that. Run!"

We started running deeper into the forest with the wolf on our arses. There were so many trees that no matter where we turned there was a tree standing there. I thought I was about to do something stupid and run into one. Hell, I thought I was about to do something stupid in general. But that thought went away when Harry tripped and fell. The next tree that was in front of us was the tree that we hid behind.

We moved around the tree so the wolf wouldn't see us. We kept circling around the tree and backing up slowly. But we heard a growl from behind us. We turned around quickly and Harry grabbed me and Hermione, holding onto us tightly. Buckbeak jumped in front of us and attacked the werewolf, scaring him off into the forest.

Hermione let out a sigh of relief. "That was so scary."

"Professor Lupin's having a really tough night," I commented. I suddenly felt cold everywhere.

We looked up and saw that the sky was swarming with Dementors. They were heading towards the lake where Sirius, Harry, and I were dying.

"Come on!" Harry said and we ran down to the lake.

Once we were there, the Dementors were feeding on us, sucking out our souls. We were dying and all we had to do was wait for our parents to show up. So that they could save us.

"This is horrible," Hermione stated.

"Don't worry, our parents will come," Harry assured her. "They'll conjure the Patronuses."

We waited patiently for them to come, but there was still no sign of them. "Any minute now," I said. "Right there, you'll see them." I pointed.

"You two need to listen to me. No one's coming."

"Don't worry, they will come!" Harry said again.

We still waited, but there was still no one coming.

"All three of you are dying," Hermione said.

And she was right. We were dying. And no one still showed up yet. That was when Harry and I ran out by the lake, across from where we were at, and took our wands out.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" we screamed with all our might at the same time.

We were panting heavily as flashes of blue light were coming out of our wands and the Dementors were going away one by one. This was the biggest Patronus we had ever conjured.

After the Dementors went away, so did the blue light. By that time, we were on the ground, passed out. We stood there, sweating and panting heavily. We looked at each other and started smiling and laughing. Then Harry pulled me into a hug, a tight hug.

"I can't believe we did that!" I laughed.

"You were amazing, Max," Harry replied and smiled at me.

I smiled back at him. "You were amazing, too."

He shook his head and laughed again. "We're nothing but trouble."

"More like double trouble," I replied.