About the Story

The idea for this story came to me when I realized most of the Harry fanfics are either "bad boy Harry" or "16 year old Harry gets a girl pregnant" and those aren't really entertaining when you like to read more mature and proper stories without reading a real book. I got bored and started writing but decided to publish this when I thought other people might want to read something else. I'm sorry if this story is similar to another you have read, but I promise everything in the story I thought of and didn't try to copy.

This is supposed to be a story about Melanie (the girl in the picture above the prologue) and Harry meeting and realizing they go to the same school. They become friends and you basically get to see the relationship grow.

Obviously Harry would never say some of the things I make him say, but I only did that so it would fit with the story. Goofy stage Harry won't be present until later. Maybe.

Melanie is a girl who was born in France, but has also lived in New York. Her mother is from France and a famous designer. She came to America for Fashion Week. She met Melanie's father who is a Real Estate Agent. He tried to sell her 'one of New York's finest penthouses'. They got married and bam..baby.

Since this is a Harry au (alternate universe) I can make him any type of person. He was born in Connecticut, but moved to New York for school. At first he seems rude but I promise it's just how his character comes off. He is actually very sweet.

I have absolutely no idea what New York University is like or how the campus is set up. If how I describe it is inaccurate please don't make a big deal out of it but you can leave corrections it would be very helpful.

I will try to update once a week. I may update more frequently during the beginning of the story just because not a lot will be happening and it's just setting everything up for you. I have no plot for this story so it's basically being written with no guideline on how I want it to end.

With all of that being said please enjoy. Feel free to comment any ideas for the book it would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Ashley (aka ashleywilderr on Twitter)