This Feeling

A/N: This takes place in the third world. It's about how Akise's feelings of Yuno change so there's little interaction between the two in this one x3 Please leave a comment if you like something, it means a lot uwu 

Akise Aru never dreamed of ever befriending Gasai Yuno.

The flashes of memories of the second world kept him from wanting to have any connection with her. He was afraid of things ending up as they were before. He knew when he first saw her in this world a shudder ran up his spine making his blood run cold. He remembered reluctantly flashing her a warm smile at first, and she, able to notice this, only smiled brightly in return and brushed it off as him being shy since it was the first time they met. He had to constantly remind himself that this wasn't the second world, that this Yuno was different and that there wasn't any survival game.

Warming up to her was not easy. Every time he saw her face he saw those dilated cold eyes and warm blood splattered across her face. Even when she noticed his discomfort around her, she never questioned it and always treated him with kindness, and deep down somewhere he felt guilty about it, but who could blame him? To smile at someone identical to someone you loathe made his stomach twist in nausea. He was afraid that her kindness was deceiving and that he too would meet the same fate as his other self in the second world. As much as he tried, he couldn't find himself to trust her, and seeing her only smile at him despite the confusion and slight sadness in her eyes made him feel regretful.

It wasn't until their group got together at the amusement park for a day that he felt himself begin to open up to her. "Come on, Akise-kun~! I'm not letting you sit around and not do anything!"

His protests were ignored as she giggled and dragged him around, and slowly he could feel a small smile curl his lips. Throughout that day he could feel his heart slowly began to melt any distasteful feelings he felt towards her. Somehow he could tell that her bubbly giggles and warm smiles were genuine. Since that day his feelings for her changed completely, and he no longer saw her, the Yuno who killed anyone with no hesitation and made him feel nauseous, but this Yuno, who's sweet and bubbly personality was starting to make him smile and feel a strange feeling that didn't make him feel sick, but almost... Was it nervousness? He couldn't quite explain it but he knew it wasn't a bad feeling.

It was the time they were at the beach that he started to feel confused about his feelings. He didn't know how to explain why he would feel nervous around someone he's grown comfortable around. Why he would feel his cheeks heat up the slightest when he felt her hand grab his when she'd have to force him to go in the ocean. How his heart skipped a beat when she childishly pointed at the seashells, giggling and picking different ones and asking for his opinion on whether or not she should keep it. Anytime she'd smile warmly at him or giggle he felt a strange feeling in his chest. When he didn't know what else to do he confronted his friends about it, and they only looked at him and laughed as if it should be the most obvious thing in the world. For once he felt like he couldn't find an answer to something. As a detective he was used to solving any case, and it bothered him that he couldn't figure out his feelings, and his own feelings should be something he should understand, and yet somehow he couldn't..

He remembered when it was just the two of them at night after they came back from the beach, talking together on the park bench. "I'm so glad you've finally opened up to me, Akise-kun" He remembers his smile falling when he heard those words and those feelings of guilt returning to him. Yuno tilted her head at him with concern. "Akise-kun...?" Without hesitation he felt himself embracing her tightly, and she let out a small squeak of surprise as she felt her face heat up instantly. She could only blink in utter shock as she felt him semi nuzzle her neck for a brief moment. "A-A-Aki-se-kun?" "I'm sorry..." He mumbled into her shoulder. Her eyes softened when she understood and she smiled warmly at him. "It's okay, Akise-kun." He glanced up with a sad smile before he spoke again. "You just... Looked like someone I knew. I couldn't get myself to trust you and you didn't deserve that." He was surprised when he only heard her giggle and flick his forehead playfully. "You could've told me that before, you know. I understand." "...You're too much of a nice person." Once again he felt his heartbeat quicken when he heard her giggle. She took his hand in hers and smiled softly at him. "I promise you I would never hurt you, Akise-kun. We are friends, right?" He smiled warmly at her and squeezed her hand gently. "Yeah..."

He was spacing out while eating lunch with his friends again. It's been weeks and still he hasn't been able to figure out his feelings. He knew he only felt like this when he was around her. He could never seem to quite put his finger on it. As he watched her smile that bright smile he's started to grow accustomed to he felt those feelings inside him stir. He couldn't quite comprehend this unfamiliar feeling in his chest. Was it...

His thoughts were cut off when he felt a hand whack him in his head. "Hel-lo! Earth to Akise-kun! Did you even hear what I said?" Hinata asked him. He blinked. "...Huh..?" She only sighed and pinched her forehead as the others laughed. "Really, I am not explaining all that again. Basically we had a sleepover plan at Yuno-chan's place and we're inviting you to come, if you're not busy with your detective cases." "Oh!" He gave a sheepish smile. "Sorry. Sure, I'll stay over." He blinked in confusion when Hinata and Mao exchanged looks and started laughing. "What's so funny?" "Oh, it's just you've been staring at Yuno this whole time. What have you been thinking about?" Yuno blushed and glanced at Akise who could only blink in surprise. "I..." "Seriously dude, you've been watching her this whole time since we've got here. I think it's kind of creepy-OW!" Mao only smiled sweetly at Kousaka as he groaned in pain. "I was just thinking. I must've gotten lost in my thoughts and spaced out." "You've been thinking about Yuno, haven't you?" Hinata asked with mischievous eyes. Yuno stifled a giggle and smiled. "Don't embarrass him, Hinata-chan. It's normal to end up staring at someone when you space out." "I have been thinking about Yuno a lot lately, haven't I...?" "Anyways~!" Yuno stood up from their picnic blanket on the ground. "Are we all ready to go?" This unfamiliar feeling in his chest, this pleasant feeling he only felt when he was around her... Yuno reached out a hand to him on the ground. "Are you coming, Akise-kun?" "Yeah..." He smiled and grabbed her hand, feeling that strange warmth of flutters stir inside him.

Was it love?

He smiled as it finally clicked and he realized his feelings for her. Yes, that must be it. He was in love with her. He chuckled as he thought of how things played out in this world. The girl that was his enemy in another world was the girl that he found to adore and fall in love with in this world.

Akise Aru never dreamed of ever befriending Gasai Yuno. But even more bizarre than that...

He never thought he'd ever fall in love with her. And here he was, entwining fingers with the girl that was once his enemy in another world.