2. Let It Begin

Faith's POV

During supper that night, everyone was pretty tired from the day's events. It was quiet the whole time, except for an occasional "Could you pass the salt?" Type of thing.

"Hey Mom?" I broke the silence, "You going anywhere tomorrow?" I asked, before taking a bite of potatoes.

She nodded and set down her fork, "Yes actually, I'm going to the hair salon. And after that, the mall. I have to get a gift for your cousin's birthday. Would you like to come?"

I smiled and declined, "No, I'm fine, thank you though. How about you Dad?" I turned to face him, he was at the head of the table.

"Well. Haydn and Brody are going to a meeting for the FFA (A/N: Future Farmers of America club) so I'm dropping them off. Then I have to work."

"Oh, okay. I forgot tomorrow's Thursday." I wiped off my mouth and stood up, "I'm going to head to bed, I'm tired" I said.

I put my dishes in the sink, and kissed my parents cheeks. Everyone said goodnight, and I left to my room.

I shut my door and crawled into bed. Hunter meowed and hopped onto the bed as well. I petted him while looking up at the ceiling.

I sighed, 'I hope that tomorrow will work out. I want to go into the past in the morning.' I thought. With that, I turned off my light and drifted off to sleep.

-----

I woke up to the sun blazing in my face. "Ugh." I groaned, rubbing my eyes. I sat up and stretched. Standing up, I walked out and into the kitchen. It was deserted and my brows furrowed.

"What time is it?" I mumbled to myself.

I looked at the clock, '11:52 a.m.'

Everyone was gone! No time to lose! I rushed into my room, and got dressed. I brushed my hair and made myself presentable, and did my hygiene routine. I shut the bathroom light off and walked into the kitchen.

I found a pen and a notepad, and wrote to my parents that I was at a friend's house, spending the night.

I grabbed my iPhone off of the kitchen counter. I put Jack in the kennel, and walked back into my room. I knelt down and pulled the box out from under my bed.

My nerves were going haywire. I was shaking a little when I brought the box outside to my side yard. Setting it down, I opened it and pulled the time machine out. I set it out and typed on the keyboard and into the tiny screen,

'1851, Opera Populaire, Paris, France.'

The little machine sputtered then a purple circle of light shoots out. It settles above the device, shimmering and sparkling.

I quickly look around to make sure my neighbor wasn't out yet. They weren't, and I looked back to the purple circle. Taking a shaky breath, I grab onto my cross necklace tightly. My knuckles turned white, and I closed my eyes, stepping through the abyss.

-----

OK. I'VE DECIDED THAT I'M GOING TO MAKE IT 1851, BECAUSE ERIK WOULD BE AROUND 20. WE DON'T WANT AN AWKWARD AGE GAP! RIGHT!? ALSO, HE WOULD BE JUST STARTING THE LESSONS WITH CHRISTINE, WHO WOULD BE AROUND 8 IN MY HEAD. HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!

TOODLEDOO BUCKEROOS!