Chapter 19 ~ A Blast to the Past (Part One)

Start from the beginning

Hermione took the necklace off of us and tucked it back in her shirt. Harry and I were confused at what just happened.

"What just happened? Where's Ron?" Harry asked frantically.

"Seven thirty. Where were we at seven thirty?" Hermione asked us.

"I don't know. Going to Hagrid's?" I spoke up.

"Come on, and we can't be seen," Hermione informed us. She took off running, leaving us standing there, confused.

I followed after her, with Harry beside me, calling Hermione's name over and over. But she ignored us and kept on running.

"Hermione! Hermione, wait!"

"Yeah, please wait! I think I'm about to throw up," I said, panting. We were running the same way we went when we were going down to Hagrid's three hours ago. Harry and I were still confused at what was going on. I thought I was gonna vomit right there, but I didn't want anyone else to notice us. "Hermione, can you please tell us what it is that we're doing?" I asked her.

But once again, she ignored me. She stopped in her tracks and what we saw shocked us. It was the four of us and our encounter with Malfoy.

"That's us," Harry said. We watched as Hermione had her wand at Malfoy's throat.

"This is not normal!" I told them. Hermione pinned us against the wall and took out her necklace.

"This is a Time-Turner, you guys. McGonagall gave it to me in the first term. This is how I've been getting to my lessons all year," she explained to us.

"You mean, we've gone back in time?" Harry asked.

Hermione nodded. "Yes. Dumbledore obviously wanted us to return to this moment." She went back to us and Malfoy. "Clearly something happened and he wants us to change it." Then we saw Hermione punch Malfoy square in the nose.

"Good punch," Harry commented.

Hermione grinned. "Thanks."

"Next time, go for his balls," I added.

"That's if he has any," Harry chuckled.

Hermione's grin soon turned into a serious face. "Malfoy's coming!" We jumped out from the exit and into the ground, hearing Malfoy swear revenge on Hermione. We were heading down to Hagrid's, it looked like, so we treaded carefully, hoping they wouldn't see us. We stopped when we got to the top of the hill.

"Look! Buckbeak's still alive!" Harry exclaimed.

"Of course! Remember what Dumbledore said? If we succeed, more than one innocent life could be spared," Hermione reminded us.

We headed down to Hagrid's Hut and hid behind Hagrid's massive pumpkins. While Hagrid was talking about how Dumbledore was a great man, Dumbledore himself was coming down for Buckbeak's execution.

"Here they come. I better hurry." Harry stood up, but Hermione stopped him.

"Fudge has to see Buckbeak before we steal him. Otherwise, he'll think Hagrid set him free," she said.

We saw Ron take Scabbers out of Hagrid's hands. Harry and I were filled with anger. "That's Pettigrew," I informed them.

Hermione grabbed my arm so I wouldn't go anywhere. "Max, you can't!"

"Hermione, that's the man who betrayed our parents, you don't expect me to just sit here!" I was about to take off in a full sprint, but Hermione stopped me again.

"Max is right. You can't let us not do anything!" Harry protested.

"Yes, I can, and you must!" Hermione retorted. "You guys, you're in Hagrid's Hut now. If you just go bursting in, you'll think you've gone mad."

"I'm already mad, Hermione," I told her.

"Awful things happen to wizards who mess with time, Max. We can't be seen," she told us once more. Dumbledore was getting closer to us and by this time, we should've been out of Hagrid's Hut and behind the pumpkins. "We aren't leaving. Why aren't we leaving?" By Hermione's hand, I saw a little rock. The same one that was used when that pot broke.

"Hermione, look by your hand," I told her. She grabbed the rock and looked at it. Then she threw it right at the pot.

"Are you mad?!" Harry said.

She grabbed two more rocks and threw them at our heads. I felt it on the back of my head and started rubbing it.

"That hurt!" Harry informed her.

"Damn, Hermione!" I said.

"Sorry," she replied.

Fudge and Dumbledore were at Hagrid's front door, which meant we were about to come out through the back door. The back door flew open and we were about to run. We ran and hid behind the trees where they wouldn't see us. We looked over and we were all hiding behind the pumpkins like before. Hermione decided to get a closer look at something.

She gave an odd look. "Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?"

"Hermione!" Harry and I whispered loudly to her at the same time.

She turned away quickly, breathing heavily.

"What?" Past Harry asked her.

"I thought I just saw--" Past Hermione was starting to say, but she quickly changed her mind about it, shaking her head. "Never mind."

"Let's go!" Past Ron said.

They left from behind the pumpkins and up the hill. Once they were gone, we stood there for another minute just to be sure.

"They're gone. And by the way, Hermione, yes, that is what your hair looks like from the back. And you need to work on it," I informed her jokingly.

Hermione grinned at me. "Shut up, Max," she replied. Harry looked at me and chuckled at my joke. He always got me.

We walked carefully back to our hiding spot, where Hermione and I hid while Harry left us to go steal Buckbeak. We watched him and saw he was struggling to get Buckbeak to move. I spotted a rack of dead ferrets and pointed them out to Hermione. We grabbed a few of them and held them up for Buckbeak to see.

"Come on, Buckbeak," I said, waving the ferret. "Come get the nice, dead ferret!"

Buckbeak got up and I threw it up in the air for him to catch. Hermione and I took turns feeding the creature, while Harry held onto the chain that was linked to his collar. Everyone was coming out of the house and we stopped in place. Then, once it was safe, we kept on moving out of Hagrid's garden and into the woods.

A/N: YO.

Longest chapter ever! Lol sike not really. But this is half of Harry, Hermione, and Max going back in time. I didn't want to add all of it into one chapter, because I knew it would be too long, and I really want more chapters for this story. So that's why it says Part One.

Well, I'm gonna write more since I'm at grandma's house, because it's my cousin's birthday today, and he's here! He's making me feel old now lol. XD And I'm gonna feel old once I finish this series. I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 last night, and I just wanted to write the last book in the series! Lol I love working ahead of myself.

Okay well vote, comment, yeah. Next chapter will be posted soon. Bye peeps. ;)

-A