Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Harry leaned against his vintage 1939 Harley Davidson as he waited for his best friend to emerge from their small white house. He sighed, running his long fingers through his unruly hair.

"Come on V." He muttered.

They were going to be late for class, again.

  "Sorry! Bennie didn't want to come inside." Vienna said.

She ran down the steps, her long, blonde hair flowing behind her.

  "Yeah yeah," He said, handing her a white helmet.

They both slid onto their vehicles, Harry on his motorcycle and Vienna on her pastel blue scooter.

They arrived at school 20 minutes later. Vienna's boyfriend of two years sat on the front steps of the small college building.

   "Hey babe," Colton said, wrapping an arm around Vienna.

   "Hello," She responded, smiling up at him.

Colton and Harry nodded at each other. Let's just say the two weren't very fond of each other. Vienna had tried and tried to get them to look past their differences but it never worked.

    The trio walked through the oak doors, heading in separate directions.

   "Bye Hazza!" Vienna said before walking the opposite direction with Colton.

   "Bye V. Good luck on your Math test." Harry responded smiling at the girl.

She smiled in response over Colton's muscular shoulder.

    Colton and Vienna walked quietly through the halls. Even though they had been together for two years, she still got butterflies whenever she was with him. Her heart jumped when he squeezed her shoulder softly as someone passed closely by them. She loved him, she really did. They had never said it to each other but she was sure he felt the same.

    When they approached her class, the pair stopped aside the door. Colton wrapped both his arms around the small girl, pulling her close.    

  "Goodbye babe. See you in a bit." He said into her hair.

  "Bye babycakes." She replied as they drew apart. He pecked her cheek then walked away. She sighed before walking into the agonizing math class.

Two hours later, Vienna walked out of the classroom with a pounding headache. Harry was outside with a tylenol and cup of tea.

  "How was it?" He asked handing her the items. She gave him a depressing look before downing the pill.

   "That bad, huh?" They started walking down the hall. She nodded, "There were so many problems. All of which were extremely hard."

  "Do you at least feel like you did well?" He said.

  "I'm not sure. I feel like it could go either way." She responded.

When they arrived at the front of the building, a cool autumn wind blew through the air as they pushed open the oak doors.

  "I think to revive your brain we should have lunch at Panera. How does that sound?"

  "Absolutely heavenly. Thanks for the tea and tylenol by the way. You're amazing." She said, giving him a quick hug.

  "No problem. I knew that if I didn't show up with meds and tea, you were just going to complain," he replied.