Chapter Nine - "It Wasn't Supposed To Be Like This..."

Start from the beginning

Neji nodded softly and sighed again. After a moment of quiet, Tenten asked, "So... What do we do now?" He shook his head and said, "We try and research on this... And we try not to touch each other as much."

Tenten gulped softly and nodded, saying, "Alright, Neji... We should go home for the time being. At least until our headaches dies down." Neji nodded softly and said, "That's a good idea, Tenten."

She helped him up on his feet and slowly walked beside him as they trudged out of the forest and away from the white, dead tree.

~

A glass was handed to Neji, and he took it, gulping it down as quickly as he did the last one.

For whatever reason, he was very thirsty despite drinking enough earlier that day.

Tenten giggled softly and asked, "Want another cup?" He shook his head and said, "No, I'm fine. Thank you though."

Tenten nodded and got a cup of water for herself, drinking it down almost as fast as Neji had. "Man," she said, setting the cup down, "switching universes can really be exhausting, huh?"

Neji nodded softly and said, "Hn.."

Tenten rolled her eyes and Neji caught that, saying, "Your attempts of humor are terrible, Tenten."

"Well at least I'm trying," she replied, sighing in irritation.

Neji scoffed and said, "Well stop. It is very clear that now isn't the time for it. No time for smiling or laughing; nothing of the sort. You damn well know you're as angry as I am."

Tenten flailed her hands in the air and yelled, "What do you expect me to do?! My own Neji doesn't even know if he cares about me, I'm mad at myself, and everything is STILL screwed up!!!"

"Oh yes, and raising your voice helps the situation," Neji barked at her in irritation, "I'm doing just fine as well! I hate myself as much as the other, both both you and the other Tenten are angry, and I have issues I can't let go! Cry me a damn river Tenten, this isn't always about you!!"

"It isn't always about you either, you spoiled little Hyuga boy!!"

"Weapons freak!"

"Gentle-Fingered asshole!!"

"Goddamnit, that does it!!"

Neji stood up in fury. "You get angry at me all you want; I'm not the one who fell in love with an 'asshole', as you put it!!"

"And I'm not the one who fell in love with a 'Weapons freak,' you perverted, nasty fuck!!" Tenten screeched.

Neji yelled in anger and flipped over her dining table, turning to leave.

Tenten gripped his shoulder and spun him around. "Don't you just fucking walk out while I'm talking to you, Hyuga!"

"BYAKUGAN!!"

Neji hit her on her shoulder, causing her to back up and yelp in pain.

But Neji wasn't done. He grabbed her good shoulder, slamming her lower back up against the island counter.

She cried out and snapped, "Let me go, you asshole!!!" He growled and said, "I warned you not to fuck with me, Tenten. You're just getting what's coming to you!!"

~

"So, what do we do now?" Tenten asked.

Neither would look at each other.