Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Leaving

     During Sarah's parents crying she ran to her room and kicked a shelf. It move a bit and she saw a piece of paper. Sarah grabbed it and unfolded the paper it was the legend of the apple.  She had forgotten all about it she read it and immediately thought of her dad. She decided to get the apple and save her dad. Sarah slept more calmly because she knew that she was going to save her family.

The next morning she thought of a time she would leave. Sarah decided to not tell her parent because they might stop her. She started to pack up because she knew she had to travel to the other side of the land.                                   

     She took a old bag and put a jug of water. Sarah took a loaf of bread and a bit of blueberry jam. She also went into her room and took a old blanket that she got when she was 5 years old.

     She went into her parents room and quickly whispered goodbye and ran out. She ran to Jonathan's room and whispered  "I love you little brother. " She started crying and left his room.

     When Sarah was about to open the door to go outside she thought about her family. She stood there for a minute and starts crying and quickly gets out. She closes the door and looks back and runs away crying.

     She has been walking for two hours she decided to sleep on a rock. The girl decided to use the rock as a pillow. She was about to lay her head down when she saw a boy her age looking in the trash for food.

     The mysterious boy gets closer and she sees a purple mark on his face, "Hello, what are doing here at night, here have my jacket to keep you warmer." He said in a polite voice.

     " Oh no, keep it you need to keep warm too." Sarah insisted. The boy took of his jacket and put it around her shoulders. Sarah is about to take of the jacket when the boy puts it on her again. "Who are you?" Asked Sarah a little scared but, not bringing up the purple mark on his face.

"Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you." He says this with a smile and both kids stare at each other for a bit."Oh yeah, my name is Ashton, what's your name?" He said kindly to her.

She was staring at him for awhile, "My name Sarah."

" What are u doing this late at night." He asked her.

"Can you keep a secret?"

"Yes tell me."

"Have you ever heard about the great legend about the apple?"

"Yes of course."

"Promise me you won't tell anyone."

" Yes I promise,tell me."

"Okay, my dad is very sick and I need that apple to save him." She started crying, so Ashton put his arm around her. They didn't say another word after that, after awhile they slept.

Ashton decided to wake up early and do something nice for her to feel better. He went around picking flowers. When he saw he was passing by the bakery he saw some cookies on the windowsill. He broke a window and ran he grabbed 10 chocolate chip cookies and ran out. He saw the baker and ran. "Hey you!" The baker yelled but, Ashton pretended he didn't here him. Once he was out of the baker's sight he walked the rest of the way.

It took him 5 more minutes to get to where she was. He put the flowers around her and the pile cookies next to her. Ashton waited for 20 minutes for her to wake up. When she woke up it was 8:13a.m. "Oh My God, thank you!" She said so grateful. She smelled all
the a flowers.

"Here eat these cookies. " He said while giving her the cookies. When Sarah saw that Ashton wasn't eating any of the cookies she put one in his a hands

"You need to eat too." She said and smiled at him. Ashton eats the cookie and smiles at her back. Sarah lays down while Ashton is sitting up. Then, Sarah falls asleep.