Little Miss McKenzie

The Prologue

(This is the third book in the series. Now, in order to read the second one, Kissing In Colorado, you need to read the first one, & Tonight's The Night I'll Fall For You Again, but this one completely stands by itself. So if you haven't read the other two, it's okay to read this one. All you need to know is McKenzie and Ryan are Kale and Hanna's children, but even that isn't very important. And, if you ever get bored, please read the other two, vote. comment!<3 Love you all!)

"McKenzie Sophia Matthews!"

What a pleasant way to start a morning. I could already tell, today would be good. Not.

"What do you want, Ryan?" I groaned, rolling out of bed. It was summer, I was supposed to be allowed to sleep late, not babysit my older brother.

"You bitch!" the door to my bedroom swung open, slamming against the wall on the other side, "I hate you. I hate you so fucking much."

"Whoa, love you too."

"Shut up, you bitch."

"Care to explain what I did this time?" I laughed, laying back on my pillow. This should be good.

"Were you planning on telling me that you're going out this Friday with Alex, or what?"

"Sorry, I didn't know you like to keep record of where I am. But, since it means so, so much to you, dearest brother, I'm going out with Alex on Friday night."

"Shut up." He growled, "You know I've been planning this party for three months. Mom and Dad are finally going out of town, after our entire life, and you're going out?"

"I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that me going out with my boyfriend was putting me in the compition for the most hated sister or the biggest bitch of the year award. Elaborate, would you?"

"We're sixteen. Do you really think Mom's going to let me stay home by myself? She'll know I'm having a party. Unless you're home, the party's off."

"Easy there, Ry. Now listen, I'll just pretend to stay home, and once they leave, I'll go out with Alex. Problem solved."

"Right. You're a genius. Thanks, Sis."

He over exagerates sometimes. It wasn't really that complicated of a situation.

"But wait," He stopped, pausing and turning towards me, "if they call while you're gone?"

"I'm in the shower."

"If they call back later?"

"I went to bed, I didn't feel good."

"If they want to talk to you?"

"I'm throwing up."

"If they don't buy it?"

"Too bad. That's your own fault for your stupid concience that runs all of the fun you ever try to have. Learn to lie, Ryan."

"Says the world's worst liar."

"I'm the good kid, the smart one. The one in all honors classes. I don't need to lie."

"Yeah, the nerd that no one likes."

"I find it funny that this 'nerd' is in a serious relationship, and you can't even get a girl to look at you."

"You're just jealous that I'm popular, and you're not."

"Funny, because I seem to recall my boyfriend is your best friend. Guess that makes you a loser, too."

He spun around on the carpet, gasping. "Oh, no, no, no. Ryan Christopher Matthews is not a loser. Alex is pretty cool."

"And, McKenzie thinks it's hilarous that you decide to talk in third person. But, Alex would pick McKenzie over Ryan any day."

"Lies."

"Oh, you're right, I'm sorry. Alex isn't taking me to the movies Friday night, he's going to his best friend's party. Oh, wait. That isn't happening. Oops! My bad."

And when Ryan grunted and stormed out, I felt satisfied. Maybe I really was turning into the biggest bitch ever.

I paused to think about that horrible thought for a moment.

Me? Miss-Go-To-Food-Pantries-And-Nursing-Homes-Every-Weekend?

Naaaah.

So if you haven't guessed it, it's writen in the point of you of McKenzie, the daughter of the all-too-familar Kale & Hanna. I know this was short, as most prologues are, but the chapters will be longer, eventful, and pretty cool. I think I'll like writing this book, with these twins as teenagers, better than the ones with Hanna and Kale as the main stars!

Lots of love !

Expect uploads regularly!<3

xoxo,

--YouHadMeAtHello