Bonnie

Bonnie is one of the four main antagonists in . Bonnie is an children's entertainer housed at , along with and .

He is the guitarist in the Fazbear band. During the night shift in Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, he, along with the other animatronics, will try to stuff any human inside the building in a Freddy Fazbear suit.

Appearance

Bonnie is a lavender-colored rabbit animatronic, with magenta eyes. He sports articulated ears that are capable of bending forward (similar to several other animatronics), and wears a red bow tie which is partially obstructed by his chin. Onstage, he carries a dark red guitar. Unlike the other characters, he has round teeth and does not have eyebrows.

Excluding his head and his left hand, most of Bonnie's body appears identical to Freddy's, apart from the latter's color. This version of Bonnie, like most of the animatronics in the first game, has no visible teeth on his upper jaw.

Locations

Bonnie's starting location is the Show Stage, along with his bandmates, Freddy and Chica. Upon activation, he will move to any room on the left side of the restaurant, excluding . This means he can appear in the , , the , the , and the West Hall Corner. When looking into , he appears leaning into the left doorway from the blind spot directly behind the left .

Behavior

Bonnie attacking the player (click to animate).

Bonnie is known for coming and returning to The Office more frequently than the other animatronics, and, like , he only approaches from the left side, though their similarities end there. He will stare through the doorway into The Office, unlike Chica, who looks through the window. As opposed to Chica, Bonnie usually shows up at the door more frequently, but leaves more quickly than Chica, thus draining less power.

On some nights, if the player does not look at Bonnie on the Show Stage, he will not move from that location. Although this is one of the best methods for surviving after , using this method leaves the player unable to check on Pirate Cove (as the Show Stage is the default camera when opening the Monitor), leaving the player vulnerable to an attack from Foxy.

On the , , , and nights, while standing in front of the camera outside The Office (CAM 2B), Bonnie's head and jaw twitch violently in a very paranormal manner. The sound byte can be heard while he is twitching, even if the player is not looking at him directly on the . These paranormal behaviors are also exhibited by Chica.

When Bonnie enters The Office while the player is viewing the cameras, quiet, raspy, groan-like noises are audible. Once the player lowers the camera view and returns to The Office, Bonnie will attack them and cause a . The same noises can also be heard in this situation if Chica is waiting to attack. Bonnie and Chica are capable of forcing the player to lower the Monitor in order to attack, meaning the player cannot necessarily survive by continuing to view the Monitor until 6 AM as previously thought.

Unlike Chica, who can only travel to adjacent rooms throughout the building, Bonnie appears to possess supposed teleportation abilities, which is noticeable with enabled. This is seemingly responsible for him appearing at The Office door far more often than Chica does. Additionally, Bonnie is also capable of temporarily disabling the cameras as he moves to another area, as does Chica.

Trivia Bonnie is usually the first animatronic to move and approach the player's doors.

Scott Cawthon (informally) confirming that Bonnie is in fact male.

Bonnie is often mistaken as a female, as Bonnie is a feminine name. This was proven false by a presumably unintentional confirmation by .On Nights 1 to 3, Bonnie is more active than the other animatronics, as he is generally the first to leave the Show Stage.Interestingly, when Bonnie is in the Backstage, he seems to take no heed to the metal endoskeleton sitting on the table, which clearly lacks a suit. Though Phone Guy claims the animatronics would put costumes on bare endoskeletons because it is supposedly "against the rules" to be without a suit, Bonnie does not acknowledge the endoskeleton backstage and obviously chooses to focus on the player, contradicting the former security guard's statements. However, this may be because the backstage area is full of spare parts, and, as such, a bare endoskeleton is not out of place there.Another reason of why Bonnie does not pay attention to the endoskeleton is because, as stated by Phone Guy in the third game, the animatronics have digital map layouts, and that, because of this, Bonnie knows not to pay attention to the endoskeleton backstage.In the trailer, Bonnie is shown . He was stripped of this ability in the final game, with Foxy taking on the role instead.In the trailer, Bonnie is shown to remove his face, revealing his endoskeleton. However, this never happens in-game.Bonnie might be loosely based on from , as both have purple fur, a lighter color on their stomachs, and a somewhat larger girth than the other characters.He also might be based on , as they both are the guitarists in the band.

Scott Cawthon on which animatronic he finds scary.

According to Scott Cawthon, Bonnie is the animatronic he finds to be the scariest, as he has had several nightmares about Bonnie while developing the game.Bonnie makes an abnormally human-like groaning sound when he enters The Office. What causes this is unknown, and it is unlikely that a robotic voice box would be capable of mimicking organic wheezing noises, even if the voice box was damaged. This may coincide with the possibility that the robots are haunted, and some unknown, paranormal source is making these noises. It may also fit in with the theory that a person is stuffed in the animatronics, though this is very unlikely, for the person would either have already been removed or killed by the internal mechanics of the suit.Chica makes these same noises when inside of The Office.On very rare occasions, after the Game Over screen is displayed, or when starting up the game, a full-screen image of an eyeless Bonnie (the same seen in hallucinations) can sometimes appear. The image stays for approximately ten seconds until white pupils suddenly appear. After one more second passes, the game returns to the main menu. This is also true for the .There is a glitch that allows the player to survive while Bonnie attacks. If the player raises the Monitor quickly, Bonnie's scream will repeat and his kill animation is prolonged, delaying a Game Over. See . This glitch can also work with Chica.There is a glitch where the player can be killed by Bonnie, but he does not appear physically and the player can only hear his scream. Watch .Bonnie can catch unsuspecting beginners off-guard, as he often appears first and more frequently than the other animatronics.According to an interview with Scott Cawthon, Bonnie was the first animatronic that was added to the game.Bonnie had no animation when killing the player at the time, as it was only a still image.Unlike the other animatronics in the first game, Bonnie has no eyebrows.On any night, when Bonnie is in the Backstage room, the player can cause the game to change to the close-up of his face by simply lowering and raising the Monitor. Switching to any other room before doing so will cause the scene to not switch.On rare occasions, Bonnie groans outside the Office, as in when he's in the left doorway or on extremely rare occasions when he's in the west hall corner.