Chapter 2- Working Magic

Here, New chapter!!

Let me know what you think.

PS: That is what Evelyn (Eve) should look like (actress Odette Annable)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is she going to make it?" a woman's voice asked.

"I think so. I stopped the bleeding and closed the wound... She seems very strong," a man said from beside me. His voice was smooth, and strangely kind for a man of this world. "If you had brought her one minute later to me we would be having and very different conversation."

"Poor girl," the woman said, "she was just sitting there, bleeding to death. Hopefully when she wakes up she will tell us who did this."

"Probably those Hill People we saw yesterday," said another voice. "Those men looked like they were out for blood. Probably doing a hunt."

"Tell Mathew he needs to increase security around the camp," said the man with the kind voice. There was some shuffling in the room and he spoke again. "Let's let her rest now." The sound of people walking out of the room told me the audience was gone, but that feeling of being watched remained, telling me that the man was still here.

"You can open your eyes now. No one is watching," the man said.

I opened my eyes to find a tall man standing at my side. I remained silent and examined him. He had shoulder length brown hair that seemed to have a bit of blonde in it. His face was adorned with a beard that gave him a rugged but maintained look. His shoulders looked strong and though he was not a bulky man, I could tell form his arms that he was strong and his muscles were defined. He was wearing a simple grey shirt and some worn blue jeans that fit him perfectly. But what grabbed my attention were his eyes. They were kind, warm, soft, and they were looking right at me with their mysterious hazel hues.

Nevertheless he was a man, a stranger, and a possible threat.

I looked around the room noticing that is was a tent. The light form a fire outside and the lantern inside told me is was night. "Where am I?" I asked my voice sounded weak and unused.

"You are in our camp," he said coming over to give me a canteen. I eyed it and him suspicious of his intentions. "It's water, purified. You need to hydrate." He put the canteen to my lips and tipped the bottle. I would have resisted, but my body was too sore and my arms still felt heavy. "What's your name?" he asked as I drank.

When I finished he took the bottle away and set it beside the lantern on a crate.

"Evelyn Rios," I said looking back at him but the position I was in made me feel vulnerable. I didn't like looking up at people, I made me feel beaten. I tried to moving to sit up but the man stopped me.

"Well, I'm Adrian Coan and if you move you will tear the stiches and waste all the time and resources I used to save you," he said touching my shoulder to push me down.

"Don't touch me," I said looking at his hand and then up at him.

He removed his hand and let out a tired breath. "Jeez the least you could say is "thank you for saving me"."

"Who said I wanted to be saved?" I asked. The question made him frown so I looked to my side and watched the flame inside the lantern.

"How old are you?" he asked pulling up a crate beside the bed to sit on it.

"Does it matter? Besides you should never question a lady's age."

He laughed at that which made me look at him again. Laughing made him look younger. If I had to bet on it I would say he was twenty seven or very near thirty. "My father used to say the same thing... Fine don't answer that. It's just that you look young... well younger than most, older than the post-sickness children."