Chapter 1

Harry Potter's POV

I step out onto the icy road, glancing down the road full of wizarding shops, frost covered windows and snowy roofs line the street, a few lights shining softly from the windows. Gringots stands crooked on at the end of the lane, a scarce amount wizards and witches roam the dark, eerie street.

I step out farther in the street and apparate back to Sirius' old home and my newer one. The house is dark and dusty as i walk through the entrance hall.

"Kreacher?" I call softly, not wanting Mrs. Black to freak out. Kreacher sticks his head out from the kitchen door and waves. "Hello master. While you were gone, a visitor stopped by, I did not answer the door like a good house elf but I peaked through the looker, and it was Draco Malfoy sire. What could he have wanted with you?" Kreacher informs me.

"I'm not sure Kreacher." I mutter, racking my brain for any reason why Malfoy would show up on my doorstep so late.

"Oh and sir, he only just left. He was waiting for you to arrive. He was muttering, 'Apologies to Potter. I'm so sorry' over and over." Kreacher says, dismissing himself and going back to his cupboard. I sigh and my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

Why in God's name would Draco Malfoy want to apologize to me?