Three Against One (An Arranged Marriage Story)

3 Against 1

 Hey guys! I am re-writing a story that I had started on another account. I hope you enjoy! :)

Prologue

Heres a little fact about me. I. Hate. Surprises.

When i was a little girl, my family threw me a surprise birthday party. I was sad I didn't get to help plan my party. I had so many great ideas! Half of the party I spent locked in my room the other half sitting on a bench fuming.

My parents planned me a surprise trip to Las Vegas. If they would have asked me first, they would have known that that weekend was my junior prom. Yes, I know. They didn't even bother to remember what weekend that was.

But neither of those compared to the surprise I had in store for me today. One that topped all the others, and one that would change my life forever.

"Mom, WHY won't you tell me where we are going!?" I asked, clearly very annoyed at the fact another one of her SURPRISES was on their way.

"I told you, Sophie!" She said for the millionth time today. "It's a SURPRISE!" She smiled as she drove.

We had been driving for two hours already. What was so important that she had to drag me all the way over here for?

We were in a suburban neighborhood. All the yards were littered with little red and gold leaves. The trees were bare and looked like claws stretching up into the air. It was a surprisingly welcoming neighborhood.

"Ok. We're here!" She shouted brightly as she pulled into the driveway at the peak of the road.

"Where the hell is 'here'?" I got out of the car and fell into a pile of leaves. Crimson, gold, and brown scattered in all directions.

"Aw, that's fantastic." I mumbled as I pulled myself up right. My mom had already stepped onto the porch and began to knock at the door.

All of a sudden, as I was walking to the door to join my mom, a boy walked around from the side the house. He was probably one of the hottest boys I had ever seen. His dark hair was cut short, only about an inch long. His lips were like a cherub's, and were folded into a half-smirk. His deep green eyes looked me up and down. He then looked at my mother, not smiling anymore.

"Oh. Hey." He said. His dark brown hair was windswept and there was a small red leaf perched on the top of his head.

"Oh, hello Tyler! You're here early!" My mom smiled. "Is you're mother here still here?"

"No," He mumbled "She left about an hour ago."

"Ah, I see. Are the others here yet?" Mom fumbled in her purse for something.

"Only Drew. He went inside already. I think he went to take a shower. We were raking." He held up the rake nonchalantly.

"What's going on?" I asked, suspicious now.