Chapter 13. Aptitude Testing

Start from the beginning

Scott glanced at me before looking at Stiles, and I knew what the look he was giving me meant. He was telling me that I needed to have his back because he could sense that Stiles was about to suggest to do something else with the money. Something that Scott obviously didn't feel comfortable doing.

"I have to talk to Derek. The money's his." he answered slowly.

Stiles narrowed his eyes, "You mean his and Peter's."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked him slowly, not liking the direction this conversation was about to take.

He glanced at me, "It means maybe we should proceed with caution."

"You don't think we need to tell Derek?" I asked in confusion.

Stiles stood up and ran his hands through his hair, "No. No. No, of course we have to tell him... I'm just... I'm just saying some of that money is Peter's right?"

I nodded without saying a word and Scott uttered a simple yeah in response.

"Right? Peter. Homicidal killer? Remember? You want to give $500,000 to him." he stated as he looked at my brother.

In moments like these, I wish Scott wasn't so innocent. He had no idea what Stiles was hinting at now, and he was just confused because all he wanted to do was give Derek back his money because he didn't feel right stealing it. "So, you're saying we should give Derek back his money, but not Peter?" he asked timidly.

"No, that's not what I'm saying." Stiles responded as he let out a sigh.

I let out a groan, "Stiles, what the hell are you saying?"

The sound of someone running up the stairs cut the conversation short and Scott and I shoved the money and radio under his bed. We all jumped in front of the bed, hiding the evidence as we waited for the door to open. I let out a quiet sigh of relief when Malia popped through the doorway. She was dripping water all over the floor and her hair was a hot mess due to the rain and her moving it around.

"We found Satomi's pack. Derek and I. But they're dead." she said.

My eyes widened, "All of them?"

"All of the ones we could find." she stated.

Stiles scrunched his face up in confusion, "Okay, then where's Derek?"

"He took this girl to the hospital. He said her name was Braeden." Malia said with a shrug.

Again, my eyes widened, "Wait-- Braeden is here? In Beacon Hills?"

"Apparently."

▴▵▴

The chatter from the student body of Beacon Hills was echoing around the halls as we stood in line waiting to enter the classroom where we would take our PSAT's. I wasn't all that concerned really, before all of the supernatural crap infiltrated my life, I was a great student and had been in advanced classes so I had been learning the stuff that Scott and Stiles are learning now back then. I'm certainly not like Lydia, but I'm definitely academically ahead of where everyone else in our group is.

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asked as she glanced around in confusion.

Our group currently consisted of my brother, my boyfriend, Malia, Kira and myself. Our local genius already took her PSAT's, so she didn't have to be here today. I had the opportunity to take them Freshman year as well, but I opted out and decided to wait. That way I would have more time to study for them, it's funny how I haven't studied at all for them.

"She took it her Freshman year," Stiles responded as he leaned up against the lockers.

Malia's eyes widened, "Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?"