Chapter Nine

Liam was overwhelmed, he wasn't sure what he was expecting when he said 'yes' but he had nothing to lose, and he wasn't about to go wasting his life when he's been offered the best thing ever. A bed, a place to rest his head, a proper shower, warmth. He was going to have it all.

Even though he was currently sitting in Niall's small car, he still had a lingering fear that Niall might be trying to take him to kill him. That the blond might have been planning that from the start. But he really didn't care, because Liam had been around long enough, seen enough. He guessed he was somewhat intrigued with all this.

He could hear the music smoothing out of the radio, obviously he didn't know the words, nor the song. But he was glad he was finally hearing music again. Music was amazing, Liam loved it more than he thought he ever would, but he always listened to the words, most were relatable.

Niall hadn't spoken much since he had gotten Liam into his car. Which was a bit harder than he expected because Liam was determined to keep his box. Even though it was barely a box anymore. Apparently it was a piece of Liam, and Niall had to bundle it into the boot of his car and take it with him.

Niall house was around a two minute drive from where Liam would sit. It was a small cottage like home, hidden and shaded by trees. It was homely and Liam liked it before he had even gotten out of the car. Inside it had two sections, the first area had a living room, kitchen, bathroom, laundry and a bedroom. The second had a bathroom, living room and bedroom.

"Okay Liam, this is my place. Behind this door is a separate room, this is your area. But we use the same laundry and kitchen." Niall said once he had gotten Liam's stuff out of the car and let them in. Liam was shuffling from foot to foot. He wasn't use to this.

The blonde led him into the separate section. Placing Liam's box by the edge of the double bed. "Well this is all yours!" Niall grinned, waving his hands towards the room. "There is clothes in the wardrobe and towels in the cupboard in the bathroom. Make yourself at home. I just have to make a quick call. Shout if you need me" Niall added, skipping on out of the room after closing the door gently.

Liam walked around the room, just touching the edges of everything for a while. He started by walking around the perimeter of the bed then the wardrobe and lastly the bathroom. He flopped down on the bed and started crying he was so overwhelmed, his fingers curling into the soft fabric. It felt surreal to him, having this all to himself.

After what felt like twenty minutes, Liam decided to go through the wardrobe. Settling on a soft pair of pajama bottoms and a baggy shirt. He pattered into the bathroom and grabbed a towel, before managing to switch the water on.

Having his first proper shower felt amazing, he stood with his eyes trailed on the floor, watching the dirt and water flush away down the drain. It was the warmest and longest shower he'd had in ages. But being in fresh clothes was nearly as great as the shower. Using shampoo in his hair. Soap. It all felt wonderful.

He sat on the bed staring at the ceiling, the picture frames, paintings. The walls were painted a tinted blue. The colour radiating from the sun shining through the blinds. Before he had time to doze off, Niall had made himself present again. With a plate of food and a glass of orange juice. "You settled in okay I see. Once you finish eating we'll make a quick trip to the doctor's. Okay?"

Liam wasn't so fond of the thought, but nodded along anyway. Niall had made him soup, which tasted fantastic and settled nicely in the pit of his stomach, it was warm and heavy, but filling. The orange juice felt amazing and soothing on his sore and aching throat. He was basking in the taste.

Once he finished Niall found him some slippers and bundled him back up in the car. Liam was happy to stare out the window. The music mellowing nicely against his ears. This was definitely something he'd like to get use too.

Walking through the waiting room was a bit more daunting than Niall and Liam thought it would be. He knew Liam was nothing back skin and bone, sleep deprived and malnourished but this is what Niall was here for.

The doctor took Liam straight in. It was a quick trip, seeing as the doctor knew Liam's issues without having to go into much depth. He was given his vaccinations as well as a vitamin shot. He took bloods and gave him antibiotics for his chest infection, as well as vitamins and minerals.

He spoke to the doctor about the diet Liam should be on, little and often. It would take some time for Liam to get use to huge meal quantities when he has been so use to eating so little for so long. He had given Niall a list of foods that were suitable for Liam to eat. Lots of soup and fruits. He had to stick to natural drinks, nothing with artificial colouring or caffeine. The other thing Niall asked about was the fact that Liam called him 'Angel' he wanted to make this this wasn't because Liam actually believed he was dropped from the heavens or created just for him. But he was informed that Liam was probably uneducated and sleep deprived. It was normal to call somebody names of their own beliefs or fantasies.

It took sometime to get blood from Liam the fragile, brittle boned lad shielding away from the needle every time the nurse tried to go near him with the horrendous pin like stick. But eventually Niall assured him enough to make him believe that he'd come out of this okay, and he did.

The drive home was peaceful, because Liam barely made a sound. Played with the loose strings on the shirt he was wearing before he dozed off curled up against the edge of the window. That gave Niall a good and confident feeling that Liam was comfortable with his surroundings. He knew the boy didn't speak much, had to be prompted into talking and when he did it was always shallow and uneasy, like he was uptight and tense about something all the time.

Niall wasn't so keen on having to wake Liam up when they got home, the brunette lad looked more peaceful and happy when he was asleep. So he bundled him up and carried him inside, tucking him gently into the soft and plush bed he now let Liam use.

Niall wasn't planning on getting Liam to open up for at least a week, he wanted to give him time to settle in, get use to the fact that this is how he was going to be living. Niall was planning on helping him find a job, open up, become a total different person but stay the same all at once. It was a challenge, but one he was willing to take.

"Angel." Liam said quietly, barely above a whisper but Niall heard it oh so clearly, he rotated his body so he was staring at Liam's tired and overwhelmed face. "thank you. I owe you."

"you don't owe me anything Liam, absolutely nothing, now rest up." Niall cooed. This was overwhelming for him too, because he hadn't helped somebody like Liam before. But he was proud already. He was proud of his homeless item.

____________________

here is a well overdue chapter of HI! I hope you like! feedback would be much appreciated xx!

8+ comments

-KahliaPayne