Ch 20 How do you spell trouble?

- When Henry is mad at her it is not about the "quiz".  He is using that as an excuse to not reveal that he is in cahoots with Owen.  It is really about Sang not being open about her date with Gabe.  Henry states, "You can talk to me. To any of us. I just want you to tell us what's going on, I promise never to get mad like that again." and "I know Sang, I just wish you would have called me instead of having to hear it from your teacher." (a couple people caught this one and mentioned it in the comments :) )

ch 21- empty hallways

- Yes, Mr. B knew Sang was in the closet.

Ch 22- drop of doubt 2.0- (chat with volto) 

- Volto's IM handle is LoveRoots6 - The number 6 for Sang's birthday and the rest is an anagram for Volto Rose.  This is also a hint that I like to play with anagrams and there might be more throughout the story :) 

- Sang tells him she didn't make the cheer team. Volto says the "person responsible for that transgression will pay" and chapters later Cody spills the bowl of drink on Jade at dance.  

- "We protected you" (first clue Volto could be more than 1 person).  "I still do" (This clarification shows that at one point there were 2, but now there is just 1)

- The nightmare she has that night after seeing the picture of the shower scene is what Sang thinks happened to the day of the accident and her subconscious starting to remember what her family was really like towards her.

- "You were never supposed to be here." This line is significant ... answer to this will be in a sequel.

Ch 23 Sparks ignite

- "I have great faith that you will never fail an assignment"- Sang corrects Owen by saying "again".  Owen didn't say it like this originally because she never failed that quiz to begin with!

Ch 24 Where there's smoke

- Sang notices the park and the playground equipment looks familiar.  She will remember later that she passed by this same spot when she was rescued from last foster home

Ch 26- the raven was called sin

- Cody "trips" and spills the drink all over Jade.  Sang describes it as, "he trips over something I couldn't see on the floor"  (She couldn't see anything because there was nothing there)

Ch 27- sweet dreams

-The things that stand out in the dream: mom and dad bloated and slimy. Marie bruised and bloody - Clue that Marie is not dead.

Ch 28- troubles in trouble. again.

-Luke: "Uncle's always giving me responsibilities I'm not sure I really want.", "Sweetie you don't need a job, but it would be easier to keep an eye on you.", "Uncle will protect you when I'm not there."  (These lines are clues.  It is later revealed Uncle told Luke to keep an eye on Sang.)

Ch 31: Within the Lines

- "batting a thousand" triggers her memory of her dad.- "we're going to be batting a thousand soon.",  "Yup its a whole new ball game.",  "It ain't over till its over" (not only are we introduced to Angela and Mr. Sorenson's other life, but his job/new business venture is hinted at in this flashback.  We later learn it was the cancer drug) 

- Volto triggers memories and Sang remembers Volto rescuing her from the shower and saying to someone in the distance "I found her!" (another confirmation at one point Volto was working with someone)