Chapter 3 :)

So, not much happens in this chapter. But trust me, it's coming :)

 P.S The song at the side helped me write the end of this chapter :)

Enjoy!

~A

Chapter 3

Days passed and Bryson was still showing up for tutoring. His grades were beyond great and he still wouldn’t tell me why he continued to show.

Each Friday, Bryson would host a party at a different house. I have no idea why. But he did. Today was Friday and the party was at Lance’s house. They had discussed it during tutoring.

I wasn’t going to the party. I didn’t have a reason to. Bryson was a jerk. Why would I want to go to a party and see him? He made rude comments everyday to me after school and I was sick of it. I had talked to Mrs. Prince about him being in there, but all she did was shrug it off and walk away.

It was finally time for after school tutoring. I walked through the library door to find only Lydia and Kay. “Where’s Lance and Bryson?” I asked, not really caring. But as the tutor, it was my job to at least pretend that I cared about their grades.

Lydia looked up from her conversation with Kay and said, “Um, I think they were planning the party at Lance’s house tonight.” She said with a shrug and small smile.

“Yeah,” Kay agreed, “they were talking about it in third period today.”

“Oh, really?” I said, with nonchalance.

“Yeah, this party should be epic!” Lydia squeaked. Geez, her voice could really get annoying. Who really cared about this ‘epic’ party? Not I.

“Are you guys going?” Lydia asked, looking between me and Kay. Kay shook her head vigorously. “Duh!” She said, eagerly. “Bryson is gonna be there. Why wouldn’t I go?! He’s so hot.” She said drawing out the word ‘hot’ fanning herself.

Lydia nodded in agreement and turned to me. “What about you, Ashton?” I looked at her like she was stupid. Me? At another one of Bryson’s parties? I don’t think so.

“Nope.” I said, taking my seat. “Why not?” Kay asked like I was beyond crazy for not going. “Because I have no reason to.” I said like it was obvious, which it basically was.

“Really?” Lydia said, interested now. I nodded at her stupidity. “Well, I’m sure a loner like you would go to the party of the century, since Bryson has a thing for you.” She said coldly.

Ha! Bryson liking me? Now, that was a great joke! I looked at her with confusion written clearly on my face. “What are you talking about? Bryson is a complete jerk. Why would he even bother?” I said, truthfully.

Kay rolled her eyes, “Come on, Ashton. Everyone knows about how you two made out in the field behind that losers house last Friday!” She said with a smirk. Whoa! Since when was a casual conversation considered a make out session? It’s safe to say I was getting a little irritated and angry. “First of all, her name is Liza and she is NOT a loser. Secondly, I never made out with Bryson, I had a normal conversation with him. And thirdly,” I said, anger boiling my blood. “Bryson is a jerk. I wouldn’t kiss for a million dollars much less make out. He doesn’t like me and I sure as hell, don’t like him!”

I was pretty much yelling at this point. I didn’t realize I was standing. I didn’t even care that the librarian had been shushing me the whole time I was babbling my speech. Lydia and Kay both looked at me with their mouths hanging open slightly. They looked at each other and started giggling. Yes, giggling. “Yeah, right, Ashton.” Lydia giggled, tossing her hair over her shoulder.