New friends

Phoebe was 25. She had been living on the streets since she was 14, when her mother died and her step dad went to prison. She has a twin sister that she lived with for a few years on the streets, but they never liked each other. When her and her sister, Ursula, were 17, Ursula got a small job and when she was 21 she became a waitress at a restaurant called 'riffs'. Phoebe had a small job also for a while, then became a waitress as well but that only lasted 2 and a half months, and she was back to jobless. Every day she would walk into town to find some of her other homeless friends, see of they had gotten any food to share. She always walked past this small coffee shop, it was called 'central perk'.

When she walked by she always saw 4 friends sitting and talking. 1 girl and 3 boys. They looked about her age, 25. None of phoebes homeless friends were her age, and most were male, except one, her friend Lizzie. She had always hoped for real close friends, who weren't homeless and who had a warm home they could invite her to. One day she decided to stop by and meet these 4 people.

She walked into the coffee house, and the man at the counter, with very very bright colored hair, welcomed her with a 'hello' and asked her what she wanted. She said she didnt want anything, she was just here to meet up with an old friend, because she couldn't afford a cup of coffee. The 4 friends were occupying an orange couch, and a table with wooden chairs. The seat on the other side of the couch was open.

*phoebe*
"Is this seat taken?"

The girl replied
"No, go ahead"

Phoebe took her seat and smiled.

One of the boys, the least attractive of the bunch, said
"We've never seen you in here before, are you new to town?" Although they'd seen her looking at them through the window multiple times.

Phoebe didnt know how to reply. "No, I'm not new. I just live on the other side of town."

*the girl*
"By Central Park?"

Phoebe was thinking *haha i live in central park* but she was too embarrassed to tell them the truth. She just said "yes, very close to there"

The boy who spoke earlier said:
"I'm ross by the way. This is my sister monica, and my friends chandler and joey." Phoebe shook all their hands and gave them each a smile.

They all talked a little more, each of them sharing what they do for a living. Once it was phoebes turn, she turned red. All she could say was: "I'm actually in between jobs right now, i got fired a few weeks back." Which of course was a lie.

*joey*
"Do you live alone?"

*phoebe*
"No, i live with my sister" again, a lie.

*chandler*
"Oh, well thats good. Maybe you could ask Gunther if he is looking to hire" he said as he pointed to the man behind the counter with the bright bright hair.

Phoebe said doubtfully:
"ya, maybe. Well i better get going. It was so nice meeting you all." She wanted to leave before they started asking more questions, she hated lieing to them.

*Monica*
"Oh so soon? Will we see you again tomorrow?"

*phoebe*
"Ya! I'll try to stop by!" And after she said goodbye she walked out the door.

For another week she returned every day to talk with her new friends, they didnt ask any more personal questions that she had to lie about.