Chapter 11. Not a Wishing Well

Start from the beginning

Peter rolled his eyes, "Satomi."

▴▵▴

I'm losing my mind.

I honestly think I am this time. It's different than before, but it's still the same end result.

I can't keep lying to people. I'm starting to forget who even knows what anymore, and it's eating away at my conscience. The only thing I can think to do to help clear my head is to go on a run. Before the Nogitsune incident, I was actually enjoying being on the Cross Country team. I was happy with the progress I was making on my body and I enjoyed the solitude of running.

So, that's what I was going to do this morning. I was going to get up and change into some work out attire and then go and take a run on the trails in the reserve. I was just walking out of my bedroom and into the hallway when I bumped into Scott.

His eyes were wide and he was still in his pajamas, bed head in place as well. I quirked as eyebrow in confusion, "You okay?"

"What?" He asked quickly as he looked over his shoulder before glancing at me again, "Me? Yeah, I'm fine. You?"

"Uh, been better... I guess. Hey, can we talk for a second?" I asked hesitantly, at least now it would be a good time to tell him about the whole werewolf thing.

He nodded, "Absolutely... let's go to my room, though."

I watched him quickly make his way into his bedroom, the moment I stepped inside he closed the door and he practically jumped on his bed. "You sure you're okay?" I asked him a second time.

"You first, then I'll explain." he stated evenly.

"Sounds fair," I mumbled as I plopped down beside him on his bed. "You have to promise to not get mad at me."

His eyebrows rose slowly, "I can't promise that... but I can promise that I'll hear you out and let you explain everything."

"That works too, I guess." I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair nervously, "Okay... let's see I'm not exactly sure where the best place to start is... you probably don't remember a lot of what Deaton has told us about my abilities, do you?"

He shook his head from side to side silently.

I nodded once, "Figured as much... so basically, I'm super rare and whenever Admonere's are created, it's usually with a counterpart. A twin. Deaton told me as much as he could, but there isn't much to go off of to begin with. He did explain that the reason Deucalion wanted me in his pack was because when an Admonere is bitten and they turn, they're strong. They are a different breed of werewolf altogether. They exude power and control. They are true Alpha's by nature. As I said before, what I am can coney exist with a twin... so the fact that you and I are what we are... it's... we're the picture perfect scenario. Deucalion wanted us both because if I were to be bitten, I would be a true Alpha, and at that point you were well on you way to becoming one. Thankfully, I wasn't bitten until much later... and when you bit me, you began my transition."

Scott drew his head back in confusion, "Transition? Kasey, are you telling me that I unknowingly turned you into a werewolf?"

"I mean, in a way yes. Apparently when an Admonere is bitten it takes a lot longer for the transition to occur. Due to the fact that I have the supernatural ability to heal, my abilities were attempting to ward off the transition... but the night that Kate attacked me and surged me with electricity, my ability was more worried about healing me from the electricity than fighting off the transition. It was that night that I fully became what I am now."

He blinked once, "Which is?"

"A hybrid. Kate called me the "Admonowolf" but Deaton referred to me as a hybrid." I responded with a sigh.