Chapter Sixteen

As Chase and I were walking to the car, Chase said, " You know... it's really surprising that my sister was all happy about that. She usually doesn't like strangers."

"I'm a special case though! No one can think all this is scary," I said gesturing to myself.

Chase laughed and said, "I can think of a lot of people who would be scared of you from the beggining!"

I stuck my tongue out at him and got into the car. As he drove I looked out the window at all the beautiful trees. As I was looking, I saw something big and grey on the edge of the woods staring at me. Is that a wolf? I asked myself in my head. That's a huge wolf! "Did you see that?" I asked wanting to make sure I wasn't going crazy even though I'm pretty sure I am crazy.

"See what? I've had my eyes glued to the road like a good driver," Chase said knowing that sometimes I don't keep my eyes on the road.

"It was a huge wolf! It was grey! Didn't you see it?" I asked.

"No, I've had my eyes glued to the road. Also, don't you think you're just imagining things? A wolf can't be huge like you think you saw," Chase said finally looking at me since we made it to the dorms.

"I guess you're right. I swear I saw a huge wolf though!" I said.

"Ok, go get ready and meet me here as soon as you can. Sound good?" Chase asks me.

"Yea, I guess so. Do I have to wear a dress?" I asked.

"Yes, also can you grab a dress for my sister if you have one that's small enough for her?" Chase asked.

"I'm sure I'll have one that will fit her and is still appropriate. I'll look and text you if I can find one. Doesn't she have a dress to wear though?" I asked.

"She does but I think she will like one of your dresses better than any of her ones," Chase said.

"Oh, I gotcha! I'll go look. See you soon!" I said as I walked to my dorm. I look around and find this cute little black dress that I think would fit Lucy. I toss it in my bag and keep looking for a dress for me to wear. As soon as I found my other black dress that ends just a little above my knees, I put it on and then do my make-up.

I look at the time to see that I've only been up here for around 15 minutes. Then I remembered that I was supposed to text Chase so I sent him a text saying:

Hey, I found a dress that I think will fit ur sis

-Ang

I picked up my bag and headed downstairs to see that no one was at our car. Chase is still getting ready? I asked myself. All of a sudden, I see something come out of the woods. I look over and there's a person standing there. I think I've seen him before...

"Angel?" he asked.

"Why were you in the woods?" I asked walking towards him now.

"I... wanted to go for a run," he said.

"In the woods? Why not around town?" I asked.

"Um... I like the outdoors?" he said more as a question.

"What are you doing here?" Chase asked sounding mad. I  bet he's mad because I'm talking to him.

"Sorry... can I speak with you for a moment?" he asked.

"About?" Chase asked while raising an eyebrow at him.

"Um... there have been some sightings of..." he paused then looked at me and back at Chase, "beautiful birds!"

"Oh no..." Chase whispered mainly to himself. "Well, um... I will be there in a minute. I'm just going to run her over to my house and then I'll head straight there!"