Chapter three. "The Impossible Twins"

Still only in our Pj's, and my red/blonde, ombre hair, with Laurans platinum blonde hair sticking to our faces from the rain, we entered the woods to search for what we've obviously concluded to be the TARDIS, and most likely, well, hopefully, to also find the doctor himself. Because, what other explanation could there be after watching a blue box fall from the sky and into the woods?!

We were walking swiftly but quietly. The wetness of the damp ground was seeping into our matching pink and black "I'm the Queen" fuzzy slippers, and every few minutes we were poked and pricked by branches and thorn needles. Considering that at least half of our woods consisted of thick thorn needle bushes, to also which we gave the nickname "prickly pine" after that old camp lazlo show, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. By now, my blue and white checkered bottoms were sticking to my legs, and you could practically see my hot pink noodle strap sports bra through my white "#beachday" sunglasses tank top. Laurans red yoga shorts now had tiny holes in them from thorns ripping them as we walked.

We were walking for what felt like 20 minutes, when.. There it was..

"Lauran look! Right there!" I whispered to her.

I pointed through the semi thick woods. Just beyond some trees about 30 feet away, was the doctor's TARDIS, exactly identical to the one from the show that we've grown so accustomed to. I walked a little closer with Lauran following, and hid behind one of the tall trees. Now about 10 feet away, we looked in awe at the TARDIS, barely being able to believe our own eyes. If Lauran wasn't here as a witness, I would have thought that I had gone mad.

"I cant believe it.. Its here.. And its real, its actually real, everything that we watched actually happened.." Lauran said, as if she was in some sort of foggy haze.

"SSHHH!" I shushed Lauran. I didn't want to give away our position.

"Why?" She said now whispering.

"Because I said so!" I whispered back at her, a little harsher than I meant for it to come out. Why is he here? Out of all places, why a boring little town in Connecticut?.. And where is he? I thought to myself...

"Where's who?" Someone whispered right behind us. Lauran and I screamed as we whip around to see a tall, skinny man, with spiky brown hair and deep chocolate eyes, wearing a pinstriped suit under a large brown coat.

"You two don't look like you're dressed for a stroll in the woods." He said to us, nodding towards our Pj's and slippers.

"Well, I could say the same for you." I said now gesturing back to the suit he was wearing. He put his hands up in surrender.

"To shea" He said smiling.

"Well I'm the doctor, just the doctor, and what are a couple of teenagers like yourselves doing out here in the woods?"

"Cause we can be." Lauran said. I shoot her a look of disapproval then turn back to the doctor who seemed a little taken back by her words.

"A bit feisty, isn't she?" He said more towards me. I giggled at the word choice.

"Yeah well, feisty one here is Lauran, and my name is Lindsey. We're twins-"

"TWINS! BRILLIANT! I love twins!" He said smiling, then nodded for me to continue.

"Well, we're out here cause we saw your TARDIS crash and, well, we thought we'd-"

"Wait.." He interrupted.

"How did you know that, that" he said pointing to the blue box, "was a TARDIS? Or even know to call it a TARDIS?" He said to me with a questioning look.

I pause to look at Lauran. We look at each other contemplating whether we should tell him or not. As we read each others faces, we come to an agreement and nod.

"Well then?" The doctor said to us.

"We don't think that now would be the best time to explain." Lauran said.

The doctor looked from Lauran to me, still looking a little confused, but then nodded.

"Right then, well-" He started, but suddenly stopped mid sentence, as he looked down. I followed his gaze to the two fob watches still tightly gripped in our hands.

"What have you got there? In your hands?" The doctor asked, but in a way that it sounded to me like he already knew.

"Um, Well.. Uh." I stuttered.

"May I?" He asked, holding his hand out, gesturing to the watch in mine. I hesitated, but then he gave me a small, reassuring smile. He's the doctor.. I thought to myself. You can trust him.. I handed him the watch reluctantly. I Observed him as he politely took the watch that I had now claimed to be mine from my hand. He pulled out a pair of glasses from his jacket pocket, slid it onto his nose, then held my watch close to his face, turning it in his hand to study every angle. I turned to look at Lauran who was now looking at me with an envious glare. I could tell that she was jealous about the doctor taking my watch instead of hers. I smirk at her then turn back to face the doctor. The smirk fell from my face as I realized that he was no longer studying the watch, but instead, staring intensely at the both of us with wide eyes that were holding so many emotions at one time that it was impossible to read them all. Shock.. Confusion.. Sadness.. Questions.. As I stared back into his, what I just now noticed to be very, very old eyes, there was only one last emotion that I could just barely make out amongst the rest. Hope.

"You." He said, almost a whisper.

"Both of you.. You.. You both, are.." He paused and looked at the ground for a moment, as if it held the words that he was trying to say. He looked back at us, with the same expression that he held before..

"Your impossible."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n, hey guys! Sorry if this chapter is a little short and not at good as the first two, i just got to finishing it today because ive been sick for the past few days. I still hope you guys enjoy this chapter though! I'll have chapter four out in a week! And i cant say enough how thankful i am that you guys take the time to read my first fan fiction, it really means alot!!