ONE;

ONE; THE GIRL WHOSE DYING INSIDE

Gruesome. That was the word Alaska Hale would describe the life changing scene unfolding right before her eyes. It was enough to scare anyone to death, or make them run for the hills. Her family-mother, father, other sister, and uncle included-beside the two siblings standing beside her, were burning alive right in front of the siblings matching chesnut eyes and their was no way they could stop it. All they could do was watch everyone the love desinigrate into nothing but a bunch of dead-and burnt beyond recognition-bodies.

Alaska Hale and her twin brother, Derek, along with their older sister, Laura wer just coming home from after school extracurricular's; Alaska came from book club, Derek came from Basketball, and Laura came from Vollyball. Since the rest of her family was almost nothing, Laura was the only one old enough to take care of the two sixteen year olds standing before her. The three sibling stared at the burning building for a few seconds before the oldest sibling grabbed their hands and dragged them away from the aformentioned gruesome scene.

"Where are we going to go Laura?" the youngest twin, Alaska, cried when they got into Laura's blue convertible.

The eldest turned in her seat, tears coming out of her eyes. "Far away from here," Laura reasurred them. "The Argent hunters must be after us now. We're not safe," she said, glancing over to Derek. Derek had a relationship with the daughter of Gerard Argent: Kate.

He held his head in shame as Laura turned back around and started the engine. That night, Alaska Hale's heart turned into stone an nothing was ever going to be the same again.

* * *

Right at this very moment, Alaska Hale was standing alongside her brother Derek, like she had the night their family died, except this time, their older sister Laura was now dead. "You know Der," she spoke, pulling her luggage up to the burnt porch stairs.

"I never wanted to be back here again, but now that Laura's dead, I can't wait to find the bastard who killed her," she said, entering the house with the bags. She glanced up the where her room used to be-the one she shared with her younger 'late' sister, Cora-and felt a rush of anger, sadness, and despair. She got along with Cora a lot better than she did with her twin.

"We will not leave this town till we find out who killed her. I promise you Alaska," Derek reasured her. "Why don't you relax while I go out and get us some food? And bury the half of Laura, will ya?" he said, tears threatening to fill his eyes as he left the remainder of the old, run-down house in Alaska's care.

She grabbed the half of Laura's body from the tree in front of the house and dragged her to the left side. Digging a hole with a shovel, she had randomly pulled out of Derek's car and took care of the top half.

When she threw Laura's body in the hole she made, she felt some tears drop onto her leather jacket and so she quickly put dirt back over Laura's body and put wolfsbane-a plant that could injure werewolves-onto the end of the rope and wrapped it in a spiral around Laura; making sure it couldn't be seen.

At the end she burried the plant and walked away from the scene, stomping into the house and pulling a book from her bag. She began reading and eventually, she read eight full chapters by the time Derek had returned with food.