The Ad

Please be easy on me, as this is my first time writing in first person perspective. Thanks!

Your POV

As the bell rung declaring school was out, I slowly packed up my stuff and head out to my car. I was 23 years old and in college, working a day job at a local Wendy's down the street. Surprisingly, my boss is really chill and lets me take some food home every night for free.

As I pulled into the driveway, I parked my car in my space and grabbed my stuff, heading up to my apartment. As I opened the door, my Shiba Inu, Artemis, charged at me, causing me to drop a few things in the hallway. I set the rest of my stuff down inside and go to pick it up, but someone was already there.

I never saw his face, as he was wearing a skeleton jacket that zipped all the way up his head. He handed me the dropped items. I thanked him and he just nodded, leaving silently.

Weird, I thought, but shrugged it off. I shut the door and went to change into my work clothing. As I finished, I realized I had a few extra minutes before I had to leave. I picked up the magazine I had received and started to flip through it.

About halfway through, I saw an ad that made me gasp. It read:

Twenty One Pilots- Blurryface tour
Get your tickets now at
www.ticketmaster.com

Twenty One Pilots is my favorite band. I knew I probably wouldn't be able to go, as I only make $10 an hour. I sighed and set the magazine back on the table. I fed my dog and walked out, locking the door behind me. I walked down three flights of stairs and out to my car, getting in and starting it.

As I arrived at work, I noticed a small box behind the building. It wasn't one of the normal boxes I usually saw, so I went over there to check it out. Turns out, someone had a litter of kittens they didn't want, so they dumped them here. Dumbasses. I picked the box up and set them in my car, heading inside to talk to my boss.

I asked him if I could take the day off to help these kittens. He asked for proof and I brought him out to my car to show him the kittens. He said yes and that he would take one if I was to give them away. I said that was fine.

I stopped at home to get my normal clothes back on and went back out to my car, driving the kittens to the vet to have them checked.

"They don't seem to have many problems other than a few fleas and some scratches," the vet said. She handed me a bottle of shampoo.

"Bathe them with this and their fleas should be gone in a day or two." I nodded and left, paying for the shampoo and taking the kittens home. I brought them into my kitchen and set the box on the counter, taking out one at a time and gently scrubbing it. I turned the radio on for some music and got ads instead. But one caught my ear in particular as I set the last kitten down:

Want to go to see Twenty One Pilots for free? Just call this number now! If you're the 21st caller, you'll get two free tickets to the Blurryface tour.

I know this chapter is a little slow and off-topic, but this fanfic should only have 4-5 chapters. I have a lot planned for the next chapter, so stay tuned!