Chapter One

They say the choices we make define who we are.

They also say that we cannot change our fate.

If we have a say in the choices we make, then can't that mean fate is indefinite? Or does that just mean we'll always have the same ending no matter what path we take?

Black Rock Bay.

Might as well be Hell itself.

"Come on down, little rocket," Eoghan said sarcastically.

I glanced over at him briefly before I turned my attention to the paper I was supposed to be writing. I ignored his insult, if I showed him that I cared about his petty insults, he'd just make things worse by calling me sensitive.

Nothing worse than being the sister to the acting Alpha and being called "sensitive" by his right hand man.

"Watch your tongue, boy," I said sharply. "I wouldn't want to have to rip it out your pretty mouth."

"Pretty, eh?"

I lifted my gaze and stared at him. "Yeah, your mouth is pretty."

He scoffed a chuckle. "You amaze me. But don't think that because you can doze off that the conversation just dropped."

"I know."

"Well..." He said raising his brows.

"Eoghan, you and I both know about the curse set on this land. People are sent here to be executed. Neptune and the rest of you will carry out your orders and eliminate them."

Eoghan scratched his scruff of a beard and sighed heavily. "I woke up this morning with a really odd feeling in my gut," he muttered, "I haven't the heart to discuss it with Neptune, but I've always been able to tell you. You're so impassive and stoic-anyway-I had the feeling like something dark was coming. And before you say anything, I know that we're dark, we're practically the definition of evil-but this dark feeling that I got... it was worth fearing."

"That's what happens when you sleep with too many women," I muttered.

I could feel his scowl on my face as I turned my attention back to my work. How could I ever finish high school and attempt to leave this horrible place with Eoghan constantly being the bearer of bad omens? I had the same uneasy feeling this morning as well. I'm just hoping it's not the feeling of the return of my father.

"You're something else," he spoke as he exhaled heavily. "I don't know what this pack is gonna do with you, Nori."

"Let me leave, hopefully," I said with a snort.

Eoghan laughed heartily and clapped my back. "Like that'll ever happen."

He rose from the table and pushed his chair in. I followed him out of the room with my gaze. Once he had completely left, I was forced back in thought.

Unfortunately, he was right. Black Rock Bay doesn't even exist on the map-meaning, there is no finding this place, nor is there any way out. The history is extremely sketchy in regards of who the hell founded it; all I know is that my family is one of the lasting original bloodlines tied to this land. The only one who's ever been known to escape is my father... and even still, I don't think he left the territory, I believe he just fled the town.

Black Rock Bay is actually an extremely large piece of land, possibly the size of Texas. It's completely doused in magic: a curse. Only the supernatural have ever been able to sustain life on this land, supernatural being us-werewolves. We've been given the titles "hellhound" and "devil's sword" for the simple reason that our everlasting duty is to eliminate all foreigners. As I've said: no one just stumbles upon this place, they're sent here... to die. So it's plain to see why I desperately want to escape.