Teenage Vampire

•this is my first time writing on Wattpad, hope you enjoy! Comment your ideas for the story, all will be appreciated! Vote, comment & share! Thank-you! xx•

The pain shot through my body like a bolt of lightning. My wrist felt as though it was on fire. I swung my other hand around to hit my attacker but it felt like I collided with a brick wall. I fell to the ground clutching my burning wrist, screaming my lungs out. Icy cold water started pouring down, freezing my face. The pain in my hand didn't weaken and I blacked out completely...

It was dark when I woke up and all the pain in my body was gone, except for my throat, it was so dry. I slowly lifted up my hand and began softly rubbing it, the pain didn't ease. I suddenly jumped when a girl around my age, popped around the corner. She had beautiful long brown hair and hazel eyes. There were a few freckles around her nose and her pale white skin shone against the full moon. Closely following her was a boy, also around my age. His short, blond hair was roughly spiked and his honey coloured eyes were full of curiosity. Like the girl his pale skin shone beautifully with the moon, like the pair was meant to be. Both were amazingly beautiful. And I couldn't take my eyes off either of them.

•••

"Aphrodite!" the boy whispered, "are you going to introduce us anytime soon?" "Shh! she can hear you stupid." Aphrodite hissed back. I pushed back one of my long brown curls behind my ear. "hey! I'm Aphrodite, and this is Diego! We're vampires to!"

"Oh way to lay it on softly." Diego commented, rolling his eyes. "What do you mean vampire? They're made up." I questioned, my voice quavering. I licked my dry lips and suddenly tasted blood, whoops, somehow I'd managed to accidentally cut myself. But how? I gasped mouthing one word as my hand flew up to my mouth... Fangs. fuck.

•••

I backed away slowly... "No, no, no, this can't happen! I'm dreaming! I'm going to wake up soon and everything's going to be okay!" I told myself out loud. Of course that was a lie and I knew it.. Suddenly my attention was drawn to something else..

Blood.

I jumped up quickly and ran towards the sweat smell.. I wasn't in control anymore, It was the monster inside me. Everything was blurred and I was moving faster than I could ever imagine. My body stopped in front of a woman jogging, her pulse was high and her cheeks red. An early morning runner. I could hear her heart pumping, keeping the blood circulating through her body. I wanted her blood. I needed her blood. Before I knew what was happening, i had launched out for her neck, biting down hard, and that's when the crimson red blood hit my tongue.

•••

The warm blood flowed down my throat, calming the burn along it's way. I drained the innocent girl and dropped her on the ground like a rag doll, then retreated before anyone saw what I had done.

As I approached the others I heard a faint buzzing, I stopped and tilted my head to the side listening hard, it was Diego and Aphrodite; "what are we going to do with her?" Aphrodite hissed.

"She'll join us of course! We need someone else.. We're not strong enough on our own!"

"Yes, but how are we going to.."

I stumbled then and Aphrodite abruptly stopped talking. Apparently even as a vampire I was still as clumsy as hell. Damn. I walked out from around the corner casually, 'Keep calm.. Keep calm!' I ushered myself.

•••

Diego and Aphrodite stood and stared at me for a few minutes, until Diego started walking, "c'mon, it's going to start getting light in an hour, we don't want to sizzle up like a sausage!" Diego chuckled at his joke. I followed awkwardly behind the pair, wondering where exactly they were talking me, until we stopped at an old wooden hut; found about 3k deep in a forest. The stairs creaked as I walked slowly up them, placing my foot carefully to avoid falling through them. Aphrodite ahead of me, pushed open the solid door, it looked quite heavy. As I stepped inside I was amazed at what I saw. It was just like any other ordinary house, expect it had no kitchen or bathroom, I mean, why would it? Diego walked me up the stairs, giving me a tour of their small house. "The first room is Aphrodite's room, I wouldn't ever go in their, she might just rip off your head.." I slightly smiled at this, not to sure of what to do. "This is my room, um yeah.. And this last one, is going to be yours! You can have anything you like in it." It was then that reality hit..

I'd never get to see my family again! What would they think? I had to see them! My mother would be so worried.. I suddenly missed my annoying little sister, Rubie. I wish I had of spent more time with her.. The time I took for granted with my family and friends was lost. If never see any of them ever again. Tears swelled up in my eyes but I refused to let Diego think I was weak. I muttered out a 'thanks' pushed past him and ran into my new room, slamming the door in his face. How could he of done this to me?! I don't want to be a vampire.. I want to be safe at home, where vampires were only real in horror movies. I sunk down into my bed.. Letting all of my emotions out. I screamed, threw a tantrum, then I cried. I cried and cried until about 8 days later, when I finally opened my door and walked into the hallway.

•••

Diego and Aphrodite said nothing to me when I walked into the lounge room; I guessed that the knew how I felt, as they had been through that before. Aphrodite got up out of her chair and summoned the two of us to follow her. We both did as we were told, walking out the wooden door and then running with our vampiric speed after her. The wind felt amazing, even though I has running with incredible speed, I still noticed every little detail I ran past, every raindrop that collected in the flowers, every leaf that fell from the tree tops. My attention was suddenly pulled away and drawn to something entirely different. Blood. I suddenly switched to hunting mode, and by the look of Diego so had he. I sprinted past him and let out a growl, letting him know that this was my hunt and to keep out of the way. I followed my nose, my throat burning until I laid eyes on my prey. Game over.

•••

The three of us walked back to the little hut with satisfied stomaches. Giggling, Aphrodite pushed Diego and ran off, leaving us behind. He jumped up quickly and pushed me down into his place, I hit the ground hard. Determined not to come last I raced off trying to catch Him, then Aphrodite. I was much younger than them, so I was faster and stronger, I could easily catch them. Feeling the wind once again I spotted Diego, he'd just passed an old oak tree and I'd just passed him. As I approached the hut I saw Aphrodite had already bet me there, I raced up to her and pushed through the door, "bet ya!!" I yelled. But the smile soon left my face as I realised why Aphrodite had never entered the room.