Chapter 1

Tick. Tick. Tick.

The wall clock in the classroom counted down to the end of the school day.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Ring!

With a deep breath you plastered a smile on your face glad the day was over. It was time to go to your club, the culture club. You started this club back in freshman year, and now you're a senior. Four years you've been the leader of this club, and four years you've been saving up money with the rest of the group. Why? Well, because today, on an ordinary Friday, you were packing up to leave for Norway and Denmark. Oh, but it wasn't just you, it was the entire group.

A month ago you stood in front of the entire group, which wasn't that big considering people either thought it was boring, didn't care, or they thought it was more information then they wanted to learn, and you wrote down names of the countries that your group wished to go. Thanks to the help of the French teacher who loaded you her classroom. You got more places then you had members, and some of the places, like Norway, you haven't even considered learning their culture. But somehow Norway made it up onto the list of places you were for sure to go.

There were seven members, and fourteen places. Your entire group were going to go to two different places each for one whole month. How you got two places so close together was beyond you, maybe it was just luck, but you weren't sure. When the names were being drawn, you had to pull them out of the hat.

You smiled at your tiny group of people you considered friends. You put two hats down, one filled with country names, and the other names of the members, including yourself. Between the hats was a sheet of paper that also had the names of each of the members. What you were going to do was pull out a name from the hat, then a countries name. Once they were both pulled out you were going to put the members name back into the hat, but place the country to the side. The only time the name didn't go back into the hat is if the name was drawn twice.

"Ready?" You asked your group. They all nodded with eagerness shining in their eyes, they couldn't wait to find out where they were going. After all some of them spent four years of their lives saving up money for this trip. You currently had a jar, behind the stack of books that said 'Culture Club Trip Money' designed perfectly. Inside of it held over three thousand dollars, in cash, for these trips. That was one of the main reasons you hid it behind the books.

You bean to pull out a name. "Amber, you're going to. . ." You pulled out a country and their main city, "Vienna, Austria."

"Awesome!" She sang out loud.

You placed her name back in the hat, and write down the country she was going to. Once you set the country aside, and written it down, you shook up the hat, and grabbed another name. It was you. "Where am I going?" You asked, pulling out a country. "I'll be going to Oslo, Norway." You explained to the group, writing it down and placing the country to the side. The club clapped for you as you wrote it down. If you were going to be honest, you hated the cold, and you'd rather be in Mexico, and the only other language you speak is French, and a little bit of German.

You threw your name back into the hat once again, and shook it, pulling out Charlie. "Charlie!" You said, causing the blonds head to shoot up and look at you. You smiled at him, "You'll be going to drum roll please!" The group banged their hands against the desk in an irregular beat. You smiled nevertheless, and pulled out a country from the hat. Writing it down you didn't bother saying it aloud.

"Where am I going?" The impatient member asked.

You laughed softly, and said it aloud, "Be glad you took Spanish, you're going to Madrid, Spain."