Chapter 2

Sydney's POV
(Sydney in the picture above)
"So tonight we're doing 'Good For You' by Selena Gomez." Addison sighs as she gets off the phone with Francine, our dance leader.

"What? I thought we were doing 'Chandelier." I pout. I liked the dance to Chandelier by Sia because it was elegant and modest. Good for You wasn't exactly my favorite style.

"Yeah well Francine said we're dancing against a new group and she wants to really show off considering that she heard they're really good." Addison adds, grabbing our  bags from the closet. Our parents would never let us have clothes or shoes like this in our closet. It's inappropriate and just 'not ladylike'.

"So how good are they?" I ask walking into her bathroom to change. I slip out of my dress and put on a white crop tshirt and a pair of dark grey cuffed ankle joggers. I look at myself in the mirror and frown. If my parents saw me like this they'd freak.

"Well they've beaten almost anyone they've ever been in competition with. For a new group, that's rare." I step out of the bathroom and hold my arms out.

"Addison, what is this? It shows my belly button. My whole stomach!" I cover my stomach and frown. Addison walks over and moves my arms from my stomach.

"Syd, chill out. You look hot!" She winks and laughs. I look at her outfit and she's wearing a looser crop top with spandex shorts. I would lecture her in what she's wearing but there's no point, I've already tried many times before. I slip on my sneakers next to Addison who's tying up her laces. Luckily, outside of Addison's window is the first level of the roof and then her trampoline that still remains standing from years ago. After grabbing all we need, we climb out of her window quietly and carefully walk to the edge of her roof and jump, landing on the trampoline. Luckily her parents are no longer awake, because all the lights are shut off downstairs.

"Lucky us, huh?" Addison laughs, reading my mind. I chuckle and we hop off the trampoline and run to my car hopping in.

"I hate sneaking out." I breathe worriedly. Addison rolls her eyes, obviously being used to it. I start the car and back out.

                                                                       ~•~
"Finally." Addison hops out of the car right after I put it in park. We park in our usual spot, right outside of the old subway station. Yeah I know, creepy right? Well it's the only place we can dance without anyone noticing us. Or at least me and Addison. It's weird but worth it. As much as I hate dancing the way Addison does, I love dancing lyrical pieces. I would go find a studio just for that but my parents don't approve dancing whatsoever. I explained to them I wanted to dance lyrical and they gave me a lecture how it'd turn into this kind of dancing then it will ruin my life and forever be a sin. So cross that off the list of things to do. As we get lower into the subway, we see the lights and a crowd of people by an open spot where dance completions usually take place. Since this subway has been abandoned, we've renovated it a bit for dancing and such.

"Ah look who it is." Addison laughs as we approach the crowd. I see Niall, the same boy I've been seeing all day, standing in the crowd, talking to a redhead, whispering in her ear. I watch as she giggles and cringe when they start making out.

"Well looks like he's a taken one." Addison frowns. We walk over to where our group is.

"Hello girls, start stretching. You remember the routine for Good For You, right?" We both nod and Francine grins.

"Good. We start in 5." She walks away and starts stretching along with the other dancers.

After stretching for another 5 minutes or so, we are called up for our time to dance. I take a deep breath and go over all the moves in the routine. My memory is erased as soon as I make eye contact with Niall, who is staring intensely at me, with the redhead wrapped around him. I look away as the music starts. Throughout the dance, Niall is watching every move I make. He sips whatever is in his red solo cup and smirks. His look can make me forget almost anything, it was intimidating. As we finish the routine, I grab my sweat towel from my bag and pat my face, instantly cooling me off.