Experience Immediate Relief from Nausea Using Aromatherapy

You can choose among a variety of home treatments for nausea, but if you are experiencing it on a regular basis, it is always best to consult a healthcare professional. There are many things that can cause nausea - morning sickness, stomach flu, motion sickness, food poisoning, chemotherapy, migraine headaches, and even menstrual cramps. On the positive side, as long as you have an aroma diffuser and essential oils for aromatherapy, you can experience immediate relief from the uncomfortable effects of nausea.

Peppermint Oil

While several types of essential oils can be used for nausea relief, one that is highly recommended is peppermint. There are several ways also of doing aromatherapy. You can use the essential oil for massage; candle diffusion; or using [http://www.amazon.com/Aromatherapy-Smiley--%C2%A0Electric-Ultrasonic-Eucalyptus/dp/B00SDM5XXG/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1435021528&sr=1-3 essential oil diffusers] to emit fragrance into your home or room.

Other Aromatherapy Blends

Apart from spearmint and peppermint, you may choose among other aromatherapy recipes for nausea relief. One essential oil that can provide relief to your stomach is ginger essential oil. Different aromatherapy blends that work to relieve nausea may contain these ingredients - basil, clove, lavender, sandalwood, rose, chamomile, and anise. If you are suffering from severe nausea, the best blend of essential oil would consist of basil, peppermint and lavender. Gently massage a few drops of the mixture over your abdomen.

Healing Benefits of Aromatherapy

The menthol that mints contain has great cooling properties that result in the soothing of the stomach lining. When you experience stomach cramps, you can also use spearmint and peppermint to relax the stomach muscles. Ginger is known for its ability to ease an upset stomach, which makes it effective in easing nausea caused by morning sickness. Lavender oil, meanwhile, offers instant relief to stomach aches also, and can also promote sleep.

Warning

If your nausea is accompanied by severe pain in the abdomen or the chest, be sure to see your doctor. Please be reminded also that although the use of diffusers for essential oils for aromatherapy can effective give relief to nausea, this could just be a symptom to a more serious health issue. Therefore, you should not take for granted signs like headaches, abdominal pain, fever, dehydration, and blurred vision.

You may also ask a healthcare professional if it is at all safe for you to use aromatherapy to treat your nausea. Lastly, make sure that you choose the right essential oil for your condition. There are many different types of essential oils and they all vary in terms of properties, so make sure you know what you need.

If you want to be sure you have the best aromatherapy experience, get your own Smiley Daisy aroma diffuser. [http://store.smileydaisy.com/ Smiley Daisy] has been in business for a while now, and has built a reputation for producing great quality and safe diffusers for essential oils.