Descent Into Darkness

Start from the beginning

"Finally we're here," said Maria stretching. All the girls got out of the car stretching their arms and legs. "What are we going to do first?" "First, we need to set up camp and I'm sure we are all too tired to do anything else today," said Violet. "That sounds good to us," said all the other women in unison. "Get the tents and sleeping bags out so we can set up camp for the night." "Who's bunking with who?" "Good qusetion. Well, we don't have to decide this minute, do we? Let's just get everything set up first then set up a fire and relax for the night." The girls got everything out and started to set up the tents. Rose was helping Maria set up their tent when she felt something grab her shoulder from behind. "EEEEEK!!!!!!" "What's wrong? Is someone hurt?" "Oh my god that was too funny" Jade laughed uncontrolably. "It's easy scaring you Rose." Rose started to cry. "Hey, I didn't mean to scare you that much." "Jade that was really uncalled for. You didn't need to scare Rose. What did she do to you" Maria said angrilly. "Hey, I'm sorry for scaring you real bad Rose. I won't do it again. I promise." "It's fine, I just wasn't expecting something to get me even though we are in the woods and near the cave we are going to explore tomorrow." "Are you sure it's ok Rose? I mean I scared you real good and I feel bad about it now." "Yeah it's ok...," Rose said half smiling. "Ok then. Well I'm going to get busy on my personal tent," Jade said. "You're sleeping by yourself" exclaimed Rose. "Isn't that dangerous?" "There are a lot of dangerous things out here. I'm brave enough to sleep by myself." "I'm too scared to sleep by myself." "I know you are," Jade remarked immediately regretting saying that to Rose. Rose ran off. Damn it! Why did Rose have to be so easily hurt by everything anyone says?

Rose was hurt by Jade's words and actions. Jade was a very mean and cruel person. Rose ran for a while without realizing where she was going only thinking of how mean Jade was to her. She finally stopped and realised that she was near the cave they were going to explore the next day. She saw the cave and it brought back memories to her. Bad memories. Dark memories. Rose shook her head and shrugged it off. There is a ghost story of this cave and the woods thought Rose. If only everyone knew the real story of this cave and these woods. I know! I'll tell the story of the cave and woods at the campfire later but for now I got to find my way back to our camp.

"Hey, where's Rose? I haven't for a while. Is she ok?" "Jade scared her real bad and she was upset and ran off in the woods by herself" Maria told Violet. "She WHAT?" Damn it Jade, why did you have to scare her? It's dangerous out here at night and you made her run off into the woods?" "I didn't mean to scare her that bad and I didn't think she would run off. I"ll go find her myself." "No. We all will look for her. It'll get done faster if we're all looking for her." "That will be a better plan. Should we split up and look for her?" "We don't really know what animals are out here so we will go groups of two. Jade and Katniss will be in one group and me and Violet will be in another. I don't want to hear any complaining Jade or Katniss. We need to find Rose before she gets hurt or anything happens to her." "So you're the leader then Violet?" challenged Jade. "I am leader for now...unless you think you can do a better job Jade." Jade thought of how much she disliked Violet right now and how much she wanted her dead. "Then it's settled I'm leader." The women all started towards the woods.

"Ok, it's dark now and I have to find my way back to camp. I need to retrace my steps." A twig snaps. Rose jumps. "It's ok, there's nothing out there. It's just my imagination. There's no monster out there that's gonna get me. The sounds are just in my head." "Rose." Rose heard her name on the wind barely like a whisper. "Did someone just call my name? Hello? Is anyone there?" "Rose." Rose hears it louder. Rose walks a little faster "Hello? Is someone following me?" "Rose." This time she hears it clearly. "Jade? Are you out there? If you're trying to play some mean trick on you better st-stop right now and show yourself this moment." "Rose!" Rose hears her name yelled form behind her. Rose and looks back and sees a figure stumbling towards her. "ROSE!" Rose gets really terrified and starts running as fast as she can. "Rose, it's only me. It's Jade!" How does this thing know my and Jade's name? Does this thing know all of us? "Rose me, Violet, Katniss, and Maria have been looking for you for a while now." So the thing DOES know all of us, but how?