Prologue ➳

prologue

"All you need is faith, trust and a little pixie dust."

Peter Pan said. As my eyes focused on the television while my brother was on the floor playing with his toy trains.

Dad was asleep in his room. While my grandparents were here visiting for the summer.

It's 8 PM and this is the third movie that i've watched. I decided to sleep as I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes as Peter Pan was talking to Wendy.

The next thing I know, a hand cupped my mouth as I looked around for my brother and he was nowhere to be found, except for his toy train laying on the ground.

I found myself on a dusty couch in the basement sitting at the right side and to my left was my brother who seemed unconscious. At my right side was a wooden wall guarding the other side of the basement.

I was so confused. It was all so blurry.

I tried to wake up my brother.

"Lucas! wake up!" I said as quietly as I can.

I shook him and shook him as I over hear my grandparents talk about making test and things I really don't understand.

I was able to wake him but my grandfather walked in, with a pointy needle on his right hand, probably called an injection? What? I was eight.

My grandfather then injected my brother on the neck as I screamed for my father to wake up and help us.

But my brother didn't move an inch, he looked dead. Soon, my grandfather came towards me with the same injection but it was newly filled with the same liquid thing.

The next thing I knew, I felt a sharp pain on my neck. I winced and screamed in pain as I felt my whole body starting to shut down.

But suddenly, everything stopped. The pain stopped and I heard a cracking noise. I looked to my right and found my grandfather laying on the ground with the injection broken into pieces. My grandmother by the doorway, laying on the ground as well.

I realised that my brother broke free from the ropes and was now breathing heavily. My brother quickly untied me, we quickly ran up the stairs as my dad opened the door and looked at us in anger.

He scanned the room and sees his parents laying on the ground. He kneels and weeps.

"What have you done?!" my dad yelled in so much anger.

"They were going to-"

"Going to what?! Nothing! It's bad enough that I lost your mother and now my parents!" he yelled with his hand in a fist.

"Look at what you've done. Everyone dies around me because of the both of you. Get out!"

We ran out the basement door and I went straight out the front door. I look behind me and I see my brother fumbling around the kitchen.

"Lucas come on!"

"Wait a second."

"What are you doing?!"

He grabs a cookie jar, two coats and some pop tarts.

He runs out the door and I follow behind. Half way across the front yard I looked to the house that now that I think about it, never felt like home.

"Arya! Let's go!"

My brother snapped me out of my thoughts and I ran, never to see my father and that house ever again.

hey guys! this is obviously our first story. And by 'our' I mean, the two of us. yeah, the two of us.

support us, alright? it sounds kind of lame in the beginning but just wait for the upcoming chapters!

stay tuned! love you all! xx