Got A Secret, Can You Keep It? -- Sparia

Start from the beginning

"I better wipe that off before I leave," she said quietly.

"No," I said in a louder voice. "Stay, please."

"I will as long as it's okay with your mom."

"She'll be fine with it." I pulled her closer to me. We were quiet for a few minutes, just appreciating each other's presence. Spencer's chest rose and deflated with each shaky breath, and it was calming to watch it do so. I entwined my legs with hers and she lay her chin on top of my forehead.

"Do you think -A is watching us right now?" I asked.

"I hope so," she said. "And I hope he can see how happy we are."

I nodded discreetly.

"I love you," I whispered, so quiet I could barely hear it myself.

"What?" Spencer asked.

"Nothing," I replied.

"No, tell me," she insisted.

"I love you," I said, slightly louder this time.

She smiled and answered, "I love you too."

We had said we loved each other many times in the past, but this was different. I truly loved Spencer, and always had, now that I'd come to realise it. I think I'd always had a crush on her since Ali brought us all together. Even while I was dating Ezra, Spencer was always on my mind. I just wonder if she felt the same.

Spencer rolled over and I lay my head on her shoulder. She ran her fingers through my almost-black hair, massaging my head at the same time. I draped my arm across her stomach and rubbed my thumb softly over her waist. I felt myself drifting off to sleep, even though it was only midday. Spencer had such a calming effect on me; it was like I was under a spell of some sort.

"Aria!" my mom shouted from downstairs. "Lunch is ready. Does Spencer want to eat with us?"

I pushed myself off the bed. "Are you staying?" I asked.

She nodded. "There's no point leaving now. And also, free food."

I laughed and kissed her cheek before opening the door. We walked down the stairs but Spencer immediately stopped halfway.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I probably have lipstick all over me," she answered.

"Come here," I said. I wiped her lips and cheek with the sleeve of my sweater, and she turned a deep shade of red.

We continued walking as the smell of food wafted into our noses.

"I'm afraid there isn't much, girls," my mom said. "So I put out some chips and things to snack on. Is that okay, Spencer?"

"That's great, Mrs. Montgomery," Spencer beamed.

"Please, call me Ella," she said. "Anyway, I need to be going; I'm just doing some shopping and I'll be back in an hour. See you later, girls!"

"Bye, Mom!" I said.

"Bye, Ella!" Spencer looked uncomfortable using my mom's first name. She closed the door and Spencer sighed with relief. "I thought she would've heard us."

"Spence, it's okay. My mom was fine with me dating a teacher, so she'll be fine with you. I promise."

"But it took a lot of convincing to make her okay with it," she said sorrowfully.

"This isn't the 1950s anymore. People will accept us for who we are."

"Yeah, everyone but my family." She sighed again. "They've always wanted two perfect daughters, but only Melissa seems to satisfy them. I'm just the failing child who can't seem to do anything right."

"You're perfect to me, Spencer." I said, holding her cheeks. "Anyway, let's just eat and watch a movie or something."

She nodded her head.

I held her hand and squeezed it before walking down the rest of the stairs and grabbing the bowl of chips. I dumped myself on the sofa and switched on the TV, eventually finding an old black-and-white film to watch.

"Do we have to watch this?" Spencer groaned.

"I love these films!" I exclaimed. "And being my girlfriend means watching these old films with me."

"Oh?" she said. "I'm your girlfriend now?"

"What, do you think we can just move on from this?" I asked. "I have feelings for you, and you clearly have them for me."

"I love you," she replied.

"I love you too."

I crashed onto her, causing her to fall back against the arm of the sofa. I kissed her quickly but with force, just as if I'd kissed her a thousand times before. These kisses were to make up for the time we could've spent together as a couple, but instead denied our feelings for each other.

"Oh my god, I love you so much," Spencer muttered breathlessly through each kiss.

I wrapped my arms loosely around her neck and continued to kiss her, moving down to her jawline and then her collarbone. After that, she pulled away.

"Ar," she said seriously.

"Yes?" I asked flirtatiously.

"I'm not ready for that yet."

"Ready for what?"

"Neck kisses and stuff like that," she said. "Even when I was with Toby, we never did anything that serious. And I'm with a girl now, which is new to me."

"It's new to me, too," I said. "But I just want to kiss you everywhere. I've wanted to be with you for so long but I've only just realised it - I'm making up for lost time."

"I get that, Aria, but can we just cuddle for now?" she asked. "I'm not really ready for much else."

"Sure," I gave in. "I respect your boundaries."

"Thank you," she said, sitting back up and hugging me close to her chest.

I paid attention to the movie, even though I'd seen it many times before. Every few seconds Spencer would grab several chips and stuff them into her mouth, resulting in her finishing the whole bowl.

Spencer's phone began to ring, displaying MOM in capital letters on her screen. She slid her finger across to answer it.

"Hello?" she asked.

I could hear angry screaming on the other end of the line and Spencer's face dropped.

"No, whoever it is is lying, Mom," she said. "And no! I have no idea who -A is."

Her response was followed by more angry screaming. Spencer's face turned a ghostly white.

"It must be edited," she said. "But mom, I have to go. I'll talk to you when I get home."

She pressed end and looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"What is it?" I asked desperately. "What's wrong?"

"-A emailed my mom a video of us making out," she said quietly.

"What?" I exclaimed. "What was she saying to you?"

"It better be edited, or you're in deep trouble. I hate her, Aria, I really do." Her voice began to break.

"Hey, everything will be okay," I said reassuringly. "I'll make sure it's all okay."

"My mom will kill me if she knows who I am."

"You can stay with me. My mom loves you, and I love you. That's what matters, right?"

She nodded her head and put her forehead against mine. "Right."

--

A/N

So, this is my first try at a oneshot, and I'm pretty proud. And also MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS?!?!?!?! Well merry Christmas to all the Brits and late merry Christmas to the Aussies and early merry Christmas to the USA and Canada etc., and happy holidays to those who don't celebrate Christmas. This is my second Christmas present to my followers, as my first was an update. Love you guys, and have a good Christmas!!