The Secret Crusade Chapter two

I woke up next to Allura she smelled like the palace, jasmine. She was awake with her usual sad appearance. She’s always hated this part of our nights alone as did I. She would only have about two hours left with me, before she has to return to that swine.

I hugged her and said "I know it’s tough. It is on me too. You're so beautiful. Saying goodbye to you is as difficult as taking my own life, but we still have some time left"

She gave me a bit of a grin and said "This part’s never easy, but at least Edwin would be jealous seeing how you preformed last night. You've always been better than him in bed. That man’s just bloody awful at making love. He can’t even control his drooling"

She shot up out of bed and wandered to my kitchen. She looked at it with a minute of disappointment.  Forgetting that I only have a peasant’s diet, which practically consists of gruel, mutton, and grains, whist she had any animal she wanted, and fruits, and this thing called chocolate. I had a few pieces before, but it’s practically a myth to most commoners.

"Here, it’s the best I could make out of what you had" she handed me a dish of well-cooked mutton combined with the few herbs. It had porridge on the side. It looked like it could have been served at a restaurant

 "Thanks love”, I replied, “I have to admit you’re a lot better of a cook than I am" she smiled, "how’s Amata been?” I ask curiously.  “Has she been staying out of trouble?"

Allura looked at me and answered, "Well… as much trouble as a teenage girl can right now. She’s been moping over some farm boy that broke up with her"

I sighed "Great she’s already into boys. If you hear of any of them taking advantage of her, tell me I’ll make sure they won’t do it again:"

She looked over at me and said "Relax love, you know she’s a big girl. She can handle herself just as she always has been able to"

The town bells rang outside and we knew our time was up. I gave her a kiss on the check and she went on her way.