Tyler :: Good Day

Prompt :: The sun is just now setting and you're spending some quality alone time at the beach, only to run into Tyler Joseph.

Warnings :: n/a

 |-/

The day hadn't exactly been what one would call a "beach weather" kind of day, but that hasn't phased you today . It's been one of those self-searching, introspective days where you haven't been able to get out of your head, so you wouldn't say you've taken much notice of the weather.

The sun has been mildly warm in the distance through the window all day as you've had your inward conversations with yourself while working out the back of the cafe on dish-washing duty.
You suspect that wasn't an accidental assignment given to you from your boss this time round... He was always pretty good at reading people; knowing when they're at their best for working one on one with customers and when they're more suited to damp dish towels and soap suds.

Once work had finished, you took your bicycle and rode back to the house to change into casual attire, knowing exactly how you wanted to spend the late afternoon/evening.

A cool breeze and some low clouds are rolling in from further up the coast now as you lock the door behind you and set off on the very short walk to the beach, crossing a couple roads and heading past the main shopping complexes to reach your destination.
Once at the coast, you instinctively slip off your shoes and slide your feet into the previously sun-warmed sand. There are a few seagulls nearby fighting over left over hot chips from someone's discarded lunch as you scoop up your pale blue Vans sneakers and let them hang from your fingers while you walk towards the water. The waves go from wild and crashing to a foamy calm as they reach your feet and you walk along the shoreline, squinting your eyes at the glaringly bright golden rays of the dying sun. You let out a long, stress-relieving kind of sigh, your favourite calming music playing through the earbuds in your ears and your sunglasses tinting the afternoon in a slightly warmer hue.

Of course you're heading straight for the headlands, a rocky and green land mass you always love to climb and sit at the top of, especially on a quiet day like today when you can have the giant boulder with the glorious view all to yourself.

Putting your shoes back on, you head away from the blue and towards the green. Taking the winding, slightly overgrown trail and climbing those steep steps will always make you feel the strain in your calf muscles, but you've grown to like the feeling, knowing where these stairs are leading you. Knowing the view you're about to see that will always, without fail, take your breath away.

The current song ends and on comes Trees by Twenty One Pilots as you take the last flight of steps up to the top of the headlands. You smile to yourself as the intro glides into your ears almost in time with your running up the steps. Breathless, you take the last few steps and make it past the row of tall trees momentarily obscuring the oncoming view as Tyler's voice starts to sing to you.

"I know where you stand-"

You halt once you reach the top, stilling yourself to catch your breath. With your hands resting on your hips you inhale deeply and let yourself exhale any leftover work-related emotions out through your lungs.

"-And that's where I am-"

Stretching out your legs and adjusting the straps of the white tank top underneath your cream-coloured wool knit jumper as you look ahead, you realise there's someone up here.

Dang.

Quietly taking a couple more steps onto the flat top of the boulder, you determine it's a guy, sitting in the very place you have always sat, looking out over the ocean just as you always do.
You've seen people come and stand at the lookout a little further along, leaning on the rails and admiring for a moment before passing by, but you haven't ever caught someone opting to choose the other side of the boulder and sit by the edge like you.