Chapter 2: Welcome to Stardom

Jess:The limo pulled up at the club. I saw cameras flashing through the tinted windows. I swallowed. Zayn looked at me. “Jess, I just want you to know that as of four weeks ago you became a worldly known star. I just want to make sure you know that,” he said. I nodded. I swallowed again. I looked down at my skinny jeans and light blue plaid button down shirt. My shoes were beat up old Converse I had had since I was in high school. My hair hung down my back in its usual straightness.

As if Zayn was reading my mind he laughed, “You look beautiful.” I smiled. Zayn paused for a second before feeling his pocket. He dug into it and pulled out something. A green gem on a strand of silver. My necklace. I hadn’t even noticed it was gone. I gasped as Zayn fastened it around my neck. “Now you’re even more beautiful,” Zayn said. I smiled again and blushed. Zayn grabbed my hand. Louis opened the door and climbed out first, smiling. After him followed Harry, Liam, Niall, and Zayn. He helped me out and I was automatically overwhelmed by the camera flashes. Girls screeched and paparazzi yelled out questions. I smiled and Zayn walked with me into the club. Once we were inside my ear drums were assaulted by the noise of the same music I had heard the night I had been with my friends. Or friend and now arch enemy. This man wasn’t going any better a job of remixing the songs. I looked over at the booth. The man looked middle aged and seemed as though he was trying too hard to fit in among the young adults who came in. I gritted my teeth and looked away. This was LA for gosh sakes. They had to have a better DJ on hand!

Zayn caught my glance. He smiled. “Don’t like it?” he asked.

“No,” I said, giggling at the man’s attempts. Zayn smiled. I rolled my eyes. Girls quickly rushed over to where we stood. It was crazy. As the night progressed a few guys asked to take pictures with me. I was amazed. I hadn’t ruined everything for One Direction. I couldn’t help smiling.

About two hours into the night I was done listening to the bad remixes. I had a headache growing in my head. By now everyone had already finished taking pictures with us. The DJ was still trying way too hard. Zayn and the guys were getting some drinks. I found myself walking. Before I even knew what I was doing I had walked up to the front of the room, right in front of the DJ. He recognized me.

“Hey aren’t you that DJ chick from One Direction?” He yelled over the music.

“Yeah!” I yelled. I smiled before yelling, “And you botching that remix!”

“Hey!” he yelled. I laughed.

“Can I give it a shot?!” I yelled. The DJ thought for a second.

“If you think you can do better!” he said. He opened the small door that lead up to the DJ booth. “Hey guys I have got a special treat for you guys tonight! Please welcome, not Zayn, but DJ Malik!” I climbed up in the booth and looked out at the people in the club. I saw Zayn’s face staring at me in awe. He mouthed the words, “What are you doing,” but I ignored them. Instead I pulled on the headphones.

“Who’s ready for a party tonight?” I yelled out into the crowd. Everyone whooped, telling me my answer. I felt a rush of energy go through my veins. “Alright well I wanna see you all on your feet tonight so come on!” I yelled out. A bunch of people stood up from where they were and walked onto the dance floor. “Alright thats better. Here we go!” I said. I hit play on a song and began remixing. My fingers knew what they were doing. They played with all sorts of buttons and dials to make a sound that was very much so electric but didn’t make my eardrums want to bleed. When I looked up at the people in front of me I could tell it was all the same for them. I looked out and saw Zayn smiling broadly at me. I noticed all the boys standing in the back of the room and not dancing but watching. I smirked as the song I was remixing came to a close. “Alright people so I see five guys in the back there and I don’t think these guys should be back there. So those of you who would like to dance with a One Direction member tweet @DJJess within the next song. The first five will get to dance with one of the boys!” I watched as every girl in the club pulled out their phones and started typing. I pulled up my Twitter page but was stopped before I could read the tweets of the fans. In the past four weeks I had gained over a million followers. I just stared at the number for a while. It was amazing. I took a deep breath before clicking to the tweets. I scrolled down to the first five people who had tweeted. “CrystalClear you get the pleasure of dancing with Harry, HannahHearts1D you get the pleasure of dancing with Louis, 1DLover you get the pleasure of dancing with Liam, LillyWannaBHoran you get to dance with Niall, and CutiEPie you get the pleasure of dancing with Zayn!” I yelled. I watched as five girls reacted to hearing their names called. Then each girl found their guy and walked with him out onto the dance floor. Zayn looked at me and laughed. I smirked and he started dancing with the girl. The girl was pretty good looking. Long blond hair ran down her back. Her blue eyes were framed by thick, long eyelashes, her lips were thick and coated in a deep lipstick. Her face was, for the most part, free of imperfections. Her height was about five five. Her legs were long and waxy clean. Her top seemed to show a lot of cleavage and her skirt was really short. But, by the looks of it, Zayn didn’t really care what she looked like. He just danced with her like he would any other girl. His eyes seemed to move up to me more often than he even looked at the girl he was dancing with. FInally the song came to a close. All the boys were in near hysterics. It was amazing. I loved it all.